1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Recoil system for 870

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Calkidd, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My daughter has shown interest in trap shooting and likes shooting the 870 with a M/C stock better than the 1100. Although it kicks a little more she is not complaining, but I would like to make her a little more comfortable. I can not afford a PFS, but I am interested if someone has a Gracoil, RAD or something of the like. Thanks.

Bryan

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You can cast an 8 oz lead weight and put in the front of the magazine tube. You can make a mold to cast a cylinder shaped weight using a spade drill and a piece of 2x4. If you want to keep the balance of the gun the same use two weights. Put one in the mag tube and one in the butt stock. HMB

3. Calkidd

0   0   0

Thank HMB I completely forgot I have instruction to install a PVC pipe filled with shot in to the magazine tube. I will give that a go, but I am still interested if someone has an old recoil pad laying around they don't need.

Bryan

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Take a look at the thread linked above. Quite a bit cheaper than a PFS.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

0   0   0

calkid: Take 2 old played-out hulls & remove the brass (or better yet Active hulls) Actives will hold 3oz of #8 shot, crimp & duct tape end, remove recoil pad, put one in stock & cut a piece of 3\4" garden hose to fill the rest of the stock bolt hole. Remove bbl. retaining cap-nut & mag spring plug (not to be confused with capacity plug)( watch out for spring) remove spring put the other one down on top of the magazine plunger re-install spring,& sping plug-- barrel & bbl. cap. This will keep the balance close to the same,,,, & with the one in the magazine tube with the spring tension will help to reduce -felt- recoil. Cheap & easy thing to try, -acts kinda like like 870 Comp.- sure helped my 31. If you (daughter)don't like it your not out anything, just pour the shot back in the hopper. If I can help any more P.M. me your phone # and I will call you and try. Ross Puls

6. Garry

Garry Active Member

0   0   0

Check out Ken Rucker's Bump Buster. Click on link above.

7. kcp99

kcp99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

bryon i like to install a good kick eez pad and a mercury reducer in the stock to help tame recoil . works for me kevin

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Do you think a monte carlo stock on your 1100 would make your daughter want to shoot it instead of the 870? I put a set of synthetic mc stock and forearm on an 1100 and put weight in the hollow stock. Not only was it soft shooting but it was very well balanced. Picked up the stock set for $65.00. FWIW. JM

9. Calkidd

0   0   0

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas. I cut a 2" piece of 1/2 PVC pipe and filled it with some old #6 shot I had laying around and put in the stock. I also had a 5 1/2" piece of the same PVC in the magazine tube and filled it up too. However I had to remove the larger piece because it made the gun too heavy for her. With the added weight the gun weighed 8.6 #'s. I think I will cut the longer piece down to 3" and see if that will help her out.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.