1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB RCBS Priming tool

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by OldRemFan, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Does anyone have one of these they want to part with at a reasonable price?

Thanks for looking.

Bob

[​IMG]

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bob:What is a reasonable price? I have 2 of them.PM me :} Joe

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Can sell a brand new one for 89.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you need it.

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Deercreek

Thanks for the offer, I am more interested in locating a good used one at this time.

Bob

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Again, please define "reasonable." Mine is to the right side of the Rock Chucker in the photo and I no longer use it - I prefer the RCBS hand-held priming tools.

[​IMG]

Ed

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

In my opinion, reasonable, would be the price agreed upon for a used unit, with that price being determined by the condition and completeness of the unit being discussed.

I have seen some of these for sale that have had the handles bent to accomodate the owners preference, some handles have been cut off and rewelded at a different angle, some have missing parts, so I don't believe it is a one price fits all.

Please PM me if you have a unit you are interested in selling.

Thank you for your interest.

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Geez Ed did you have to post that picture?

My bench looked like that ONCE....right after I built it and moved everything in.

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Frankly, if I wanted to buy one, I would be on MidwayUSA's website ordering a complete new one for the current $86 sale price. Given that price for new, I don't know how much you can expect to save on a used one. And to me, that little bit of savings wouldn't be worth not starting out with a new piece of equipment. But that's just me...

Ed

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

There would be an awful lot of very nice guns, and equipment, go begging on this site if everyone only bought "new". But then, some people don't reload either.

I do appreciate your opinion.

Could you define "little bit of savings" so I have some idea of what I should consider before going ahead with a used one? I don't remember an amount being mentioned. Thanks for your help.

10. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We're all still waiting for your definition of "reasonable" but if a new one can be had for $86, the most I would spend for a used one would be $45 but I wouldn't remove mine from my bench for that.

I have purchased and sold lots of gently used shooting gear from guns on down. But when you are only going to save a small amount buying used, doing so doesn't make a lot of sense unless the item is no longer made and no new ones remain in dealers' inventories. If they sold for $150 new and you could buy a nice used one for that same $50, buying used would become a lot more appealing.

Ed

11. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Thanks Ed for all the comments and advice. Using your own advice, however, I would not be interested in yours, sounds like you probably would want new price for used equipment.

I guess your time is quite valuable if you wouldn't remove yours from the bench for $45. You have probably used up a couple of hundred dollars worth or your time trying to urinate on my thread. There have been people respond to my thread that do understand what I am looking for.

You really should refrain from telling other people they don't have a lot of sense if you don't agree with what they are saying.

12. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

How is $45 "new price" when that price is $86? And for the record, I never offered mine for sale, did I?

Hey, I have no disagreement with what you're saying - I just don't think as you do, apparently. Before I would sell a working piece of equipment for $45, I'd keep it. It works, I may need it sometime and $45 isn't worth taking the chance that I would need it and not have it. The cash-in-hand isn't worth the risk. Now, if that tool now sold for $400 and you offered me $150 for it, I probably sell it because I haven't used it in years and I can buy something of substance with $150. But $45 - no, even though $45 is a larger percentage of $86 than $150 is of $400. Unfortunately, that amount of money just doesn't buy much today.

What I have been suggesting is that buying something used only makes sense if 1)doing so saves you a worthwhile amount of money and/or 2)if the item in question cannot be purchased new. And selling something like a used tool only makes sense if the amount of income is worth the gamble that you'll never need it again. If I paid $5 for a tool I no longer use and someone offered me $15 for it, I'd politely pass. The hassle of having to find and then pay current price for another isn't worth $10, even though I'd be tripling my investment in the old one. THAT's the common sense part.

I meant no offense. I was just trying to let you know that unless you've found one at pretty close to free, new RBCS bench-mounted priming tools aren't ugly expensive and might be the better way to go. That's all.

Ed

13. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Ed

You are right, we don't think alike. I was raised during the depression days of the 30's and 40's by a poor dirt farmer. A penny saved was a penny earned in those days and a dollar was hard to come by, let alone several dollars. I guess that upbringing has stuck with me all my life, and any saving is just that. A savings, whether it is substantial or not. As for keeping something in case you may need it, I have a whole lot of that stuff, and my wife probably could explain the fallicy of that line of thinking a lot better than I can.

As for used, I have no problem with RCBS reloading equipment being used as long as it hasn't been abused. I have had their equipment since the 50's, both new and used, and I have yet to see a piece of their equipment, that is hand operated, that is worn beyond being usuable. I am not saying it can't happen, just that I haven't seen any.

I do feel confident that what I am looking for is available from members of this site and that we will reach a mutual agreement on a price.

14. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

OldRemFan,

For the most part I understand your thinking and the offer still stands if you need a new one and I will sell it as cheap as I can to you, with shipping added to that.

As far as AverageEd, I have had past transactions with him in the past and I found nothing but good to say about him. I apparently think alot like Ed does and I do not think he meant anything shi**y about the points he made. God knows I seem to pi** a lot of people off that I deal with on a regular basis.

15. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Deercreek

Thanks again for your offer. I will keep it in mind, but I do have a couple of guys that have what I am looking for and I am just waiting to get more information from them at this time.

I have no hard feeling toward Ed. He just wanted to use my thread to post a picture of his loading bench for all to see, and it is a lot better organized than mine is right now. By his own admission he didn't offer the priming tool for sale, and didn't intend on selling it(well, maybe if he had been offered new price), because he might need it some day. It was probably more about nit picking the word "reasonable" than anything else. I understand that. I'm sure that if we met at a gun club, auction, or anywhere else, he and I would get along just fine.

Do you carry a full line of RCBS merchandise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.