1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB...PFS WEIGHTS...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by k1200ltc509, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Would like to buy pfs weights that fit new type stock. Both small and large. Thanks, Rick Gibbs

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Is there any differance between the old style and new style. I've got the old style, I've never used. If they will fit, I'll sell them. What will you give me?

3. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I have a new style pfs shot410. It sounds like it that they willnot interchange, but if they will I think that we can make a deal. I will try calling V. Brown tomorrow to find out for sure. I do know that they did make two different sizes. New to this pfs game, I'm wondering if I will like it. How long did it take for you to get used to the movement? It is very soft shooting for me, even with 3 dram loads. Rick Gibbs

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

I shot mine a box of ammo or so and didn't notice any movement from then on ... You are going to love that thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Rick- did you take that piece of "warped pine" off of your Kolar?

Larry

6. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Bill good to hear from you, how have things been going? Crappy here to today, but this has been an above average winter. I think that we even beat the 30 year average. !3 inches of snow last year, 46 already this year and more on the way! Do you remember what snow is??? LOL. I'll get the dry ice and ship some out to you.
    I think that the pfs is going to be necessary. The Doc says I need a shoulder replacement... I'm holding off on THAT until I absolutely have too.

Yes Larry the mesquite is gone. I torqued the good shoulder three weeks ago down in southern Illinois. Ounce and seven eights at 1300 is pretty hard on the joints. I hate the way the pfs looks and iff'n I can I will put the custom made back on soon.

On BTW Bill I purchased 3 model 12's, one is a very nice fajen stocked Herb Orre build-up. I'm still looking for a pigeon grade for the right price, and a model 42 "reasonable". Talk to you guys, Rick Gibbs

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You need to set the recoil a little stiff at first. Then reduce the stiffness over maybe 4 months, until you tweeked it to your needs. Mine is one of the first one made for Ljutics. Maybe 10-12 years old. Maybe, I guess, I purchased it a long time ago.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

I am getting back into classic cars and have been spending a lot of time taking one in particular back to the way it left the factory more or less ... We have finally gotten all of the parts to build the Hemi that will be going under the hood and have it mounted on the engine stand ... I sold off 3 Model 12's because I needed the room in the safe and had people who had to have them ... If we want snow we drive north about 75 miles to have lunch and we can see all of the snow we can handle and then come back to the valley ... Personally, I don't miss it one little bit having moved more than my share of it in my life time ...

I have my PFS set where it does not move until you pull the trigger and it works best for me adjusted like that ... The recoil is vertually eliminated and there is nothing to think about once you get used to the movement that remains when adjusted like that ... I watched one guy who had his adjusted so it bottomed out when he pulled the trigger and it was punching the hell out of him but he said he was not feeling recoil ..? Once you find the spot that works best for you lock it down and leave it alone or it can become a life long game of adjusting or as many say tweeking ... Stay warm and be safe ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.