1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb/ PFS grip rh for an older Citori (Mid 70's)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

wtb/ PFS grip rh for an older Citori (Mid 70

WTB a PFS (grip only) right handed, to fit a Browning Citori trap model from the mid 1970's. I don't know if this takes the same grip as a later XT model. Anyone know? If you have one to sell please reply to email listed above with price and phone#. Thanks, Marc

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is no grip made for the long tang guns. When I was considering putting a long tang gun on a PFS Citori grip, I considered my options as (1) inletting the PFS stock for the long tang, and bending the long tang to fit the tighter grip curve of the PFS stock, or (2), fitting the short tang trigger guard to the Citori receiver. Ended up putting the PFS on a newer Citori and sold the older one.

If your Citori is a Type II, the stock may fit once you resolve the trigger guard/tang issue. If made before 1978, it is a Type I and I do not believe the PFS grip will fit. You should check with Vern @ PFS to be sure: http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/contact.htm

3. luvtrapguns

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bob, Thanks, Marc

4. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

0   0   0

I have a trigger guard that is modified for a short tang PFS for sale. Note: Factory does not have any in stock. Give a call if interested cell 908 507-5939. Will be at the Grand. jack

5. luvtrapguns

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jack, The Citori is a gun I have just bought but not yet received. Considering the excellent info given by Bob K above, I had best wait until I find out if I have a type 1 or 2 and can buy a grip that fits my receiver. I will definitely keep your contact info in case I can find a grip that works. Thanks, Marc

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

Proceed with caution. I have a 1977 Citori and I wanted to put a PFS on it. Here is what I learned. Only one model of the Citori PFS is/was made. It would not fit my gun. I bought a short tang trigger guard, here on ts.com. It would not fit my gun either. In short...no PFS for me unless I wanted to spend the $1000.00 to have Stocker John make a wood grip for the Citori. I did that for my DT 10, but not the Citori.

Good luck.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pfs xt grip