1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Perazzi TM 1 ejector

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chris_H, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Just got back from the Ohio State Shoot and during the singles saturday the ejector broke on my TM1 and pieces went flying everywhere. I found the two springs and one of the pins that operates the ejector but I couldn't find the other pin so I need a pin or a set of pins and a new ejector. I know I can call Giacomo and order one but I figured I would see if anyone had one laying around they would like to sell before I call him. Thanks for the help.

-Chris-

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

They must be "Fitted" and the rim must be cut prior to installation. Best to have it installed by a pro.

Ed Yanchok

ps Did you save the retaining pin and spring?

3. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

I have the spring but no pin it must have joined the other piece so it is laying on trap 5A in Marengo somewhere. When you say cut the rim do you mean where a shell sits on the ejector or simply cutting the outside rim to fit it with the barrel? Also would the springs and pins that go in the two holes that the ejector rest on be necessary if made it an extractor rather than ejector?

4. Ed Y

TM-1 ejectors must be completely fitted, first to get it down into the recess, then flattened so the gun will close, then the internal radius must be matched to your gun and finally the internal rim must be cut to allow the shell to completely enter the chamber.

Ed Yanchok

Not real hard, if you're careful and have the tools. The part is quite expensive so if you're not sure of your ability to do the job, have it done by a pro. If you screw it up, it's an expensive lesson

5. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Yeah sounds like something for the pros. Thanks for the advice I probably would be in the whole with my time invested and parts invested if I slip up once. Who would you recommend do it Giacomo or someone else like Laibs or any other suggestions?

-Chris-

6. Ed Y

Good choice.

7. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Should I go with Giacomo or someone else?

8. Ed Y

Giacomo is great and quite quick.

Ed Yanchok

9. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

My TM-1 ejector broke last May. Talked to several different gun shops and no ejectors were available. Took it to Kolar in Racine to get it fixed. They could not promise me when it would be done, depended on when they could get an ejector. Got it back within 2 weeks but the ejector along costs $260.00 + change. Quite an expensive part.

10. Ed Y

If you catch all of the pieces and know a really good welder, they can be repaired. I broke one, 20 years ago, had it welded by a friend, and it's still in the gun.

Ed Yanchok

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problem so far in 21 years (knock on wood). I deliberately cut off the coil spring so that my TMX extracts but does Not eject. I figure this causes a lot less stress on the expensive ejector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.