1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Perazzi P4 Trigger

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by brucestorey, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

0   0   0

I am pretty sure this is my first post here, but I may be wrong. I always end up here when I am looking for answers to Perazzi questions -- seems to be a lot of people here who know what they're talking about when it comes to Perazzi.....and other things, of course.

I am in search of a Perazzi P4 (P4S?) trigger. I will buy it outright or I can trade my standard, non-selectable (I believe), non-adjustable trigger and some cash for one.

If you don't have one and you know somebody who does, or someplace I can try to find one, I will be grateful if you let me know.

Thank you,

Bruce

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have one. will send you pics and price this evening.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Whiz White sells (and installs) selectable trees. Here is a pic of the unit.

$110 for the tree.

[​IMG]

He has a banner ad at the top of the page. I redcommend the product.

4. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

MIA , Where's the adjustable trigger???

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is a Selectable, not an Adjustable, although I am guilty of referring to these the same way.

Thanks Jack for the photo and info. The kit is $110 which includes the Sselectable Ttree, Inertia Block and Inertia Block (Connector #167) Coil Spring. The fee to fit it, if you prefer that I do it is $50-$150. I can take several hours of painstaking work.

Notice the gray color on the top of the tree, just above the sear.

This slides back and forth with a detent. As shown here with the sear contact out to the left, it shoots the top barrel first. Push in in to the right and she shoots bottom barrel first.

[​IMG]

Whiz

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Big. My brain gets mushy on how it absorbs data sometimes. If a P4 is a adj LOP then that is the first time I ever heard a name attached to the item. Too, externally selectable cannot be adj LOP. Or can it? If it is this style of trigger he is looking for, they are rare birds.

[​IMG]

7. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

I have one of those triggers MIA but blued with the hammers in the white---- it is the factory supplied trigger for a MX8 Sporting Clay gun. Both have a 67XXX serial number. It is a type 4 gun but old enough to still have used the old style bottom hammer with the side webbing.

For those who haven't seen one --- the barrel selector is the black part in the photo and is dovetailed into the inertia block. The outter edges of it are knurled and the selection is made by pushing it through (or back through) the inertia block.

The trigger blade position can be adjusted by pulling out that round knob behind the trigger, which frees it up and allows it to move forward or backward.

As for what Bruce is looking to buy --- he has stated on another web site that he is mostly just interested in getting the adjusable length feature and doesn't really care about the barrel selector.

8. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

Thats ok MIA, I've been told it's call a P4 for 4-position trigger. The trigger slides back and forth. MIA, that's one nice release!!! I have one similar done by Kerry Allor. Love em...

JC

9. JACK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Big. Yes on the Allor. I am unsure who made this one but it works super. I am a huge fan of Allem and Precision triggers, but the now Allor "push-rod/rocker-arm style is one of the best designs ever. As yo know I buy and sell a lot, but I nver sell my good releases, nor my good Perazzi stocks. I have a TM stcok that allows me to road test any TM gun, a MX for the same purpose and releases as you see above and this one for a TM.Again, a adj LOP

[​IMG]

This one is interesting because if you look cclosely you see a small "tit" that stops the hook from seating to far. Thus the trigger is faster than a lot of releases. Close to a Reitz style. Some folks like slow releases (Bumstead comes to mind) and many like the traditional 80/32, and I prefer the gun to go off when it wants to as I approach a bird. I have Timney 1100 that is much quick as well. My BT is fast or slow and quirky on how it sets. I cna set it wiht about 16 ounces of pull (set) or up to about 10 lbs of set. And this actually helps me speed up the trigger or slow it down depending on targets that day.

10. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

0   0   0

Thanks a lot for all of the information and pictures, guys. Just as I said in my first post -- people sure do seem to know a lot about Perazzis here. None of the pictures resemble my trigger, but the gold toned one does have the adjustment lever I am looking for. I love looking at these pictures and learning all of this new stuff.

BigM, If you sent an email to me, it got lost in Never, Never Land. Would you mind trying again?

Bruce

11. BigM-Perazzi

0   0   0

12. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

Bruce,

I am thinking that your trigger probably looks like this one, except without the selector dovetailed into the inertia block???

[​IMG]

13. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

0   0   0

Gregg,

Yes, you are correct. Also, mine doesn't have that little "tail" that follows the curve of the trigger guard on the back side. In fact, that is the first P4 trigger I have ever seen with that. I always thought they must have left that off on the P4 to give more room for getting your fingers onto the adjustment lever.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi internal selector trigger