1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb Perazzi o/u MX 3 Special Barrell

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by commish, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commish

commish Member

Lookig for a MX 3 Special Barrel 29.5 inch M/f choke for a local kid so he can shoot bunker trap. Appreciate any help, trying to help out his dad.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Comish...

If you actually have a MX3 SPECIAL... then any MB Barrel will fit. Its a Type 4 Gun. I bought a new one last year for $2500. Go on Gunbroker and GunsAmerica. There are a couple for sale.

TB

3. commish

commish Member

hey Tom, thanks for the info, I think the kid wold like to say with the mx3 special thats if we can find one. If we do go after a type 4 what rib should i be lookig for? Thanks

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

commish,
    Obviously, the rib on an MX-3 (special or otherwise) is a high one. Most bunker shooters prefer a flat rib. Bunker shooters hold a very low gun to allow for the low targets which are set to come out quite flat. The high ribs popular in ATA trap for the set high rising birds are not necessary. There are some good bunker shooters who prefer high ribs but they are in the minority.
    Most bunker shooters prefer about a 30" barrel choked M/F with a flat rib. A tapered rib is even better.
    Regards, Jake

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Flat rib 30 inch. .25/.35. Fixed chokes. Barrells are barrells you have a type 4 gun and there are a number of them out there.

Tom

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

personally I could not push a 31.5 MT6 fast enough to get the second shot off. Went to a 29.5 barely and scores went up 15. Birds a 100. Daniel Perazzi once asked why Americans used the longer barrells. After hearing various explinations he offered "why do Americans have to handicap themselves to shoot better. With very few exceptions most good shooters use the 30 in tubes. I am finding myself shooting better with lighter shorter barrels.

BTW. I have been shooting bunker for 25 years.

Tom

7. commish

commish Member

Thank you all. My son just finished shooting his mx 3 special for bunker and had a great year, in fact he shot with tom in kerrville @ the national championships. So the barrels and rib works, but he just got his mx2000 with just a slight lower rib. But getting back i still need barrels for my sons friends gun. thanks to all

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

sorry you screwed up your MX2. Those that I have seen are great. I know that as you progress with bunker you will see what a great game it is. Slow heavy guns need not apply.

T

9. commish

commish Member

still looking for a barrel!!!!

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Perezzi Big Bore...

Suggest you get some good coaching. When I started in this game 25+ years ago no one was doing clinics. Today is different. We are doing a Bret Erickson Clinic at Gator Skeet and Trap in February if you are interested or you might want to contact Bret direct and go to his facility in St. Joe Texas.

TB

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Mike...

Try HARRY at EUROCHASSE 203 625 9501

I'll bet he has something that will fit.

TB

12. commish

commish Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.