1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB PERAZZI MX-8 CAT 4 MONOBLOCK

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hardrite, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardrite

hardrite Member

Want to buy MX-8 cat 4 monoblock or blown barrel.

please email.

thanks

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I am curious. Without the barrels, what is the difference between a cat. 4 and a cat. 3 monoblock? Jake

3. hardrite

hardrite Member

Ask Giacamo, for he is the one that wouldn't fit a cat 4 bbl to a cat 3 receiver, he claimed it was not possible. He claimed the fit wasn't close enough. In theory I'm sure they are the same. But in my case it didnt work.
    You learn something everyday. cat3, cat 4 .......????????

4. hardrite

hardrite Member

I wasn't given the $750.00 or more option by Giacamo. He claimed it was just impossibe. He left me with the feeling that it was the older recievers (like the cat 3) was less apt to fit new barrels (like the cat 4). But who am I to question the "DA MAN". Its just like my Dad use to tell me "theres no subsitute for experience." And now that I have gone through the excersise and the experience of trying to fit an old Perazzi receiver to a new barrel, and was deemed to be impossible, I dont think I'll try it again any time soon.
    Been there done that!!!!!

5. hardrite

hardrite Member

Big Bore maybe you can enlighten me and provide me with "methods to check it out" so we dont make the same mistake I made, and purchase a bunch of parts that can't be fit. The guy I bought the receiver form didn't want to refund my money, I guess he was just happy to get rid of the old reciever.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.