1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Paper Hull Heat Forming Tool

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Jim Porter, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It will take an old coot like me to even remember one of these but I have recently come into several thousand Fed Papers in all sorts of condition and I was just wondering if there was an old warmer/former out there for sale somewherer.

Please let me know.

2. lastime

lastime TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Jim,
    I got an hull heater I would be willing to part with,should work fine never used it but it does heat up. Both 12&20 gauge formers, I believe it is a Texan.
    Bill

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What you're looking for is a long ago discontinued Texan deprimer/resizer with electric heating element to reconsstitute the paper hull tube and base wad. I have one , but it's not for sale.

I think many people have seen them, but don't know what they are for, who knows, someone may have one floating around and are willing to get rid of it.

I did know an old guy who used a straight shanked soldering iron that he slipped a piece of round stock over it and clamped the whole mess in his vise. He wore heavy padded gloves when pushing the hulls over the heating element.

surfer

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I wonder if a womans's curling iron would work? My wife says they make several different diameters. Perhaps if one of them is close to the ID of the hulls it would work. Just a thought anyway..............

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Quote from above

"What you're looking for is a long ago discontinued Texan deprimer/resizer with electric heating element to reconsstitute the paper hull tube and base wad"

I have two of them... and would be willing to sell one. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Jerry B.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Jerry, I'll take one if Jim already found one. Just let me know what's fair. I sold a few on eBay over the years and now I could use one again!!

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Fellows! I am definitely interested!! My computer is going nuts! I can't send a reply directly to you for some reason. Please send me an e-mail or call
    jporter4570@gmail.com or 662-694-1415

I am sorry for this inconvenience but I don't want one of these to get away because we all know there are not many out there!

Apologies
    Jim Porter

8. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have 2 of the hull heaters. They just heat the hull to shape it and redistribute the wax. They do not deprime or resize. Mine were made by Herter's.
    They are NOT for sale.

9. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

0   0   0

Years ago when I loaded a lot of federal paper I used this method. I would melt wax. The wax used in making jelly. I would straighten out the mouth of the case. Then I would dip the mouth of the case in to the melted wax. I would set the cases on a cookie sheet and put them into the oven until the whole case would appear wet. The case would appear like new. Could reload them many times.

10. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

What are they worth

11. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

0   0   0

OK, help me understand. How does this tool work? Do you need wax to renew the hull? I saw a unit at a garage sale and was curious.

12. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

0   0   0

Jim,

You can still buy these Shotshell Hull Clonditioners today!

http://thermagic-sales.com/index.html

Best,
    Tom

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Easier.

14. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tom,

The one you posted as being sold today is nothing like what I have. The one I have not only reconditions the wax on the hull it resizes and deprimes.

15. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I've got a Herters I'll sell. $70 shipped. First PM with "I'll take it" gets it. JW

16. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

0   0   0

I owned a Lachmiller or Lachmeyer ???resizer and used it on Federal papers for years. It was the Cadillac of the resizers in it's day. As I recall it would resize the case and iron it along with flattening the brass. I haven't seen one in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.