1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Pallet load of Quality 1 1/8 8's for 4H Club

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by sukhoi26, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukhoi26

sukhoi26 Member

0   0   0

WTB Pallet load of Quality 1 1/8 8

Having a problem with Rio's, Overcrimping and at least 5 shells out of a flat are duds. Would like to buy Remington STS, AA, Federal, Need as good a deal as possible. Somewhere in the states surrounding Tennessee would be nice so I can pick them up. Will buy at least a Pallet maybe more. Thanks, Mike Rinker, Obion County 4H Coach

2. trapdaddy

trapdaddy TS Member

0   0   0

Mike,
    Send me your email address to mine above and I can forward a pdf file from Federal for 4-H clubs to order directly from Federal with the requisite requirements. IF you have a state sales tax exemption form they need one with every order. $50/flat for Top Guns or Estate.
    You can also find a link from ATA's AIM page under coaches tab if you prefer.
    My experience is the order queue is shorter in early spring and late fall than now. Also, I have my larger orders sent via freight company to one of our coaches business so we can unload the pallet with a fork lift then reload onto one of our trucks for the trip to the range.
    My recent order(two weeks ago) I was told the wait was three weeks.

For AA and STS I heard yesterday, but have not confirmed, the factory is offering a rebate for ammo purchased in May($20/flat). Worth checking out.

Jay Phaup

3. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

0   0   0

Gamaliel is in Gamaliel KY...

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have you considered Centurions or NobleSports? I really liked the Nobels when I was using them a couple of years ago. The centurions can be had right now for about 48.00 per case or so. May I ask why 1 1/8 oz for kids???

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

0   0   0

We bought several pallets for our 4h club from federal,we are in Giles county 4 hours from you..

6. sukhoi26

sukhoi26 Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the replys, If anyone knows who can verify the $20.00 per case from Winchester and Remington please post it. As far as 1 1/8 we have always shot the maximum load. Most of my kids are shooting semi autos and the recoil isn't an issue. I really don't know if it would make a difference in scores to drop back to 1 oz. I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks Again, Mike

7. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am not here to judge any coaches decision but I went from Class B singles to AA in less than a year when I made the switch to 1oz.

8. Ron M

Ron M Member

0   0   0

I coach sctp and have seen scores go up by droping to 1oz 2 3/4 dram, and from 16yds I think that's all you need.
    Ron

9. sukhoi26

sukhoi26 Member

0   0   0

Seems like you would have a better chance with more pellets, but I will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks guys. Mike

10. shrek

shrek Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

A couple years ago we switched from 1 1/8 oz to 1 loads with the 4-h program here. Scores did not drop, if anything they may have gone up a little, hard to tell for sure with kids entering the program and others graduating.

I can tell you that the use of the 12 gauge guns increased significantly over the 20 gauge ones.

As a result, we have enough 20 gauge shells to last at least 8 years or so.

11. pm30

pm30 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

gamaliel has 3 dram gunclubs 54.00 and Rem has a rebate started 5-1 20.00 a flat I dont know which shells are on the list we buy sts from cac assoc on the web delivered 69.50-20.00=49.50

12. trapdaddy

trapdaddy TS Member

0   0   0

Winchester rebate is http://www.winchester.com/library/special-offers/Pages/In-the-Bag-with-AA.aspx

Check the terms, limit on number of flats and requirement of UPC code off each box if I read it right.

No word yet on Remington rebates, but Federal does have a rebate promo also.

http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/FP520_FederalPremiumGoldMedalRebateCoupon.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.