1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Pacific - Hornady 266

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by OldRemFan, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a Pacific/Hornady 266 reloader, with or without dies. Anybody out looking to dispose of one please PM me.

Thanks

Robert

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I'm not ready to get rid of my 255.. but if a model 250 would interest you.. I think I have one.. also a pile of 155's and a Bair or two..

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

PerazziBigBore

The 250 was the model that each primer had to be inserted manually wasn't it?

I guess I have no knowledge of the 255. I do have die sets for a 266 and am trying to set up one for 20 ga. to keep from changing dies from one gauge to another.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Would a 155 be of help.??. I have a few that are dieless.. You can purchase a semi-auto primer feed..You must hit the lever to insert a primer..It uses the same parts as a 266 and many of the parts from a 366.. The bushings are the same... Do you have the 20 gauge shell holders?? You'll need them as well as the dies... The truly auto primer feed is on the 266 and 366 only..

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

There were a couple of 266's that just sold on ebay. a 12ga sold for $120.00 and the 20ga sold for a bit more. Neither one had the primer tube or tray.

I wouldn't mind having one to go along with all the other Hornady/Pacific loaders I have, but I can wait.

ss

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

PerazziBigBore

I may get to that point that a 155 would be of interest. I would rather find a 266. I have an early blue model 266 that I bought in 1968 and I have always changed the dies back and forth depending on whether I am loading for geese, pheasants or the old model 12 winchester 20 gauge for quail. I guess I am getting lazy in my more mature years and would like to have one of each. I do have the complete 20 ga. dies for a 266 and shell holders. I have a very nice 366 in 20 ga. but I have a tendency to tinker with the powder charge a couple of tenths of a grain starting at the low end of the load chart when I am first loading for a new gun to see what shoots best. The 366 is not all that great for doing that.

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

8. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Bair that is for sale. $90.00 Plus shipping

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

mis-some

Sent you an email

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The model 155 would do a fine job..but you'll need to drop the primers by hand..unless you could fine a APF.. maybe on E-bay..

11. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

pokerdand

I sent you a PM

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Just change your dies.. and you're good to go.. everything is there.. The primer feed..that come with the 155 is more reliable than the 266..as its totally dependant on a fine piece of wire..to release the primer..

13. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

I have one 266 that I owned since 1968 and the primer feed has never been a problem except back in the 1970's when Remington came out with the little short 209T primers. They would turn side ways once in a while and hang up in the tube as they would in any primer tube.

14. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

still looking for a 266

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hornady 266

pacific 266 reloader