1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: P/W Auto Shell Loader

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by citadel, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I just spent hours dropping shells into my P/W 800. Does anyone have a P/W shell auto loader for sale to help put me reduce my pain. Email photo and price to doug@citadel-usa.com.
    Thanks, Doug

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

They are a nice item. Perhaps on my wish list too. On theother hand the PW loves hulls that are new like and dislikes crimps that are toed in and having little fragment tears. A flaw fo the PW is that the resize tube does not reopen the hull sufficiently and then wads catch on the edge of the hull during insertion. I load on mine like most others, meaning that wads are at my left in a container and hulls on my right in another container. I either sort my used hulls into batches prior to loading or purposely look at the hulls I am loading and always pick the best one that I see. And once I get to the bottom of my hull container I can see that I have hulls that are ready fo rthe garbage can. Anhd so I ask... Can a shell hopper do that?

[​IMG]

Pic courtesy of "Image upload" feature on TS.com

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Doug,

In the event you do not find a used one I have new ones on hand at $335.00 plus shipping.

------------------------------

MIA,

PM me your address and I'll send along a "hull flairing tool" for your comprehensive review

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist.

4. citadel

citadel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Lodoc, look for a PM.

Doug

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

0   0   0

MIA,

The hull feeder does NOT check the empties for quality. But I pretty much do that on the line dropping them in mesh bag, and after 5 reloads, they are gone anyway. Life is too short to sweat the little things.

The hull feeder is the #1 reason to use a P/W. That and hydraulics, well that's just a slick setup.

Whiz sells an over-sized punch that opens the mouth of STS and Nitro hulls (and I assume AA if you use those) that make wad insertion a joy. Just a tad larger, but enough to make a big difference. No idea what the cost is, but if interested contact Whiz. Well worth the trouble. Just one of his many tweaks you might want to checkout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.