1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - P/W aluminum reservoir bases

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have just had tons of requests to make/alter the present P/W aluminum reservoir to plates. The part on top of the reloader the older shot and powder tubes were fit into to machine.

I would like either the standard base plate or the bushing access plate as shown below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been pretty busy machining ones I have received from many of you, but I do not have any left to supply.

P/W is saving all their old ones for me, but that may be a while before they get enough machines in that are irreparable and sent to the scrap heap.

Let me know. I can't spend much on them if I turn them around to you shooters for $35 or so.

Thanks.

Whiz<BR>
    P/W Distributor

2. trapdoctor

trapdoctor TS Member

Whiz,

Is it not cost effective to machine the plate new? I have a little CNC shop that makes my adjustable pads that works cheep!!!

If you have a print or sample part, I can get it quoted new.

jim

3. whiz white

Cost effective wise, I just can't see how you can buy the flat 6061 aluminum (0.500"x6"), and the 1¼" diameter 6061 aluminum rod, then spend time machining them.

The 0.500" is plenty thick, and probably less thickness would be acceptable. I wouldn't spend any time machining the top & bottom surfaces, just the outline, holes, and the two pairs of threaded holes. A quick surface sanding for the tops & bottoms would be OK. If I machine them, I will have them powder coated in the standard silver hammered finish, or a black.

Oh, you'll need to pick up some nylon 10x24-½" threaded headless screws with slots or hex for the Rack Gear tensioners.

I guess if time is a labor of love, then possibly.

I don't know what the average machining rate is by the hour, but you'd have some time also in writing the programs. I used to do CNC programming for the USAEC for nuclear weapons detonation systems design (I am a mathematician and computer geek). It wasn't cheap then.

If you take the top off your 800B, the base plate will be the basic design. I would suggest the the addition of two 1.100" dia holes milled into the base and part way up the two risers. There are also some threaded holes necessary. You also have some time in about 7-10 operations on the risers.

They are the same with the exception of the powder one. It needs an o-ring groove. I prefer that the o-rings NOT be flat ones like those used on the EZ-Fills. Standard o-rings would make it simpler for a guy to pick up at a hardware store for a few cents rather than the harder-to-find flat ones... and I think round in better than flat...less of an edge to catch on the gears and bushings.

I would be willing to send you the EZ-Fill base and a couple of picture drawings. I do need the plastic base back at some future time.

Honestly, about the real cheap way to do these is to get the original base in the shop. P/W has started saving all the old ones they get for me. I doubt I'll have to pay much more than shipping for them.

I am also getting a mill myself, but probably not a CNC. We have Fadal's (many actually) at H-S Precision I could have had access to, but they are so behind (6 months), that I won't even ask. I am even working on one of their Bridgeport's electronics as of yesterday, as it is down.

I also have a couple more suggestions, but I'd discuss them only in email.

Whiz

4. d endicott

d endicott Member

Whiz: I may have one of each, but I will have to ck. Did you get the primer rods from Jerry?

5. whiz white

Thanks, Duane.

No primer rods, and in fact, just today I was planning to spend some time going back to my mail manifest to see who I'd sent them to. I also sent some other items for him to decided to build, but I've heard nothing.

Give him a call for me.

Thanks.

Whiz

6. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

If someone can make these with the bushing access holes I would take three, and expect to pay a reasonable amount considering the work required. One of my shooting friends has 4 PW's and another has 3. They might be interested also.

7. whiz white

I guess I will have to spend part of the retirement fund and put in a mill. I really want a CNC one, however.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.