Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB OT: Ruger 10/22 Upgraded Trigger

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ccw1911 
#1 ·
Picking up a 10/22 Target this weekend so I wanted to get an upgraded trigger for it. Figured since there are so many 10/22's out there, someone might have an extra that they are not using.

Please PM if you have one.

Thank you

#5 ·
Vpr80 does your 1022 have an aluminum trigger housing or a plastice one? The new guns have a plastic trigger housing, if you have the older more desirable aluminum housing you can sell your complete trigger housing for about $50-75 bucks and offset the cost of a new custom trigger unit.

You can buy hammers and sears and do some gunsmithing to help the trigger pull on your stock unit but it will never be as good as the replacement units mentioned. I've done a lot of them that way but I recommend the replacement units now available.

#6 ·
Yeah I was reading online and seems everyone pretty much says Kidd is the way to go. But I bought it just for some fun at my 25 yard indoor range. Don't need anything top of the line for now.

I see there are lot of parts kids available for $40-$60. I just want something like that for now. If later, I feel the need for the Kidd, then I didn't waste much money. Which kits are best? Or better yet, can I just send my stock trigger to someone to work it over and send it back to me, who is best?

Thank you

#7 ·
The Kidd is what you want if you need a super light trigger, if all you need is a good crisp 3 1\2 lb you don't need to spend the money for a Kidd.

Putting the kit in can be fairly easy but the housings aren't always consistent and if you run into problems it can get frustrating. A lot depends on your gunsmithing skills. Power makes good parts as does Clark. PM me if you want more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.