1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB OT: Ruger 10/22 Upgraded Trigger

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by vpr80, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Picking up a 10/22 Target this weekend so I wanted to get an upgraded trigger for it. Figured since there are so many 10/22's out there, someone might have an extra that they are not using.

Please PM if you have one.

Thank you

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

If you want a good trigger pull without any hassles get the Timney drop in unit, there is also the VQ but it isn't any better and is more expensive. The absolute best is the Kidd but it's twice as much money.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Ahhhh yeah way more than what I wanted to spend. Looks great, but how about something for approx $100?

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

You will not get much for $100.

I sold my stock Ruger trigger with some Volquartsen parts in it for $75.

You want a nice trigger buy a Kidd two stage. Only $300 but well worth it!

Jim Skeel

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Vpr80 does your 1022 have an aluminum trigger housing or a plastice one? The new guns have a plastic trigger housing, if you have the older more desirable aluminum housing you can sell your complete trigger housing for about $50-75 bucks and offset the cost of a new custom trigger unit.

You can buy hammers and sears and do some gunsmithing to help the trigger pull on your stock unit but it will never be as good as the replacement units mentioned. I've done a lot of them that way but I recommend the replacement units now available.

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Yeah I was reading online and seems everyone pretty much says Kidd is the way to go. But I bought it just for some fun at my 25 yard indoor range. Don't need anything top of the line for now.

I see there are lot of parts kids available for $40-$60. I just want something like that for now. If later, I feel the need for the Kidd, then I didn't waste much money. Which kits are best? Or better yet, can I just send my stock trigger to someone to work it over and send it back to me, who is best?

Thank you

7. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

The Kidd is what you want if you need a super light trigger, if all you need is a good crisp 3 1\2 lb you don't need to spend the money for a Kidd.

Putting the kit in can be fairly easy but the housings aren't always consistent and if you run into problems it can get frustrating. A lot depends on your gunsmithing skills. Power makes good parts as does Clark. PM me if you want more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.