1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB or WTT need 50 BMG

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Chipmaker, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well its a long shot anyone have a 50 cal BMG rifle thats collecting dust that they want to sell or trade?? Armalite, Barrett, McMillian ?????

2. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

There's one here in town for sale. Look up Giantnickle.com and look in the sporting goods section. I've got some rounds of AP, API, and APIT for sale when you find your gun. Brdslayr@clearwire.net

3. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

I too have been thinking of getting into the 50 bmg game. Though I do not know if I could afford to feed it. If you come across anything Chip let me know.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

These can be pricey toys...

As I recall there was an after-market AR Upper that turned the platform into a single shot 50.

Cabelas sold them, and they weren't too bad...

Grizzly makes several rifles too. (http://www.largrizzly.com/web/guest;jsessionid=2BAE2EA472D87861C412725283A665B0)

David D

5. kd185

kd185 Member

0   0   0

best bet is to join the fcsa
    i have 2 bmg ar15 style uppers
    i put about 1,000 rounds down range in the last 3 years
    if all goes well ill put between 500 to 800 down range this year
    feel free to ask me any questions
    ken

6. Sporting1807

Sporting1807 TS Member

0   0   0

Call Jaquas, they have a rifle and ammo that was traded. The rifle is not included in the gun list files but I know that they want to sell it. It is located in the stores demo rack because of its size. Good Luck - Tom

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I have a State Arms Titan Bench model available. I also have all the goodies, the big press, die set, big dump powder measure, and a bunch of factory rounds too.

Also some Hornady 750 AMAX, and some primers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would rather see it all go at once, but it's a pretty large chunk.

There is always a good market for the accessories and components so If anyone wants just the gun I won't have a problem with the rest.

What has been happening is the 50 guys want all the stuff, but since they already have guns they don't need another.

Email or PM if interested.

HM

9. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

EDM makes a 50 cal called the windrunner. My son has one-supposedly the most accurate one out there. It is a 5 shot bolt action. Sure is a crowd pleaser when you light it off. He also has a B.O.R.S. system sitting ontop of a mark 4 scope. I think you can buy a new car for what he has tied up in it. Mike

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I have a new.. unfired EDM single shot.. 36" bull barrel.. You'll need a muzzle brake,Remington 700 trigger.. and a stock.. $2000 to FFL..

11. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

PBB, didn't it come with a muzzle brake? I thought they all did. Anyway, that is a great price for the best!!! Mike

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I bought the receiver new.. and had the Montanas rifleman make and install the barrel.. I shoot a State Arms and LRS..and never finished the project..BTW.. The AR50 is a pretty nice gun too..

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Mike, does your cap fly off when you pull the trigger?

HM

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

No.. most of my barrels are 36" .. little on no taper.. All except the LRS.. At 30 plus pounds each..Recoil.. even with the 1012 grain Russian 12.7 bullets is rather mild.. More like a long irresistable push.. than a crack.. I'd rather shoot my 50 BMG..than a light weight 300 Win mag..

15. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

Halfmile, PBB is right, the EDM weighs 36lbs, & with a muzzle brake it is more like a shove. I shot a friend of mines' 7mm mag abolt that made the 50 BMG feel like a .410. Mike

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

All depends what you want to do with it.. In my earlier days.. my 500 A-Square did all I ever needed.. out to 500 yards.. I used the pulled 50 BMG bullets or the 700 grain spitzer boattail bullets.. I use to make them up single shot.. on the M-98 or P-17 action.. 30" bull barrel.. Fun.. and cheap to shoot.. Brass is formed out of 378 or 460 Weatherby cases..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.