1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Old Style AAF114 Wads(yellow)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by ned408, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

Looking for the real old yellow 1 1/4 wads made by Winchester. Pm me if you have any for sale...thanks, Randy Ross

2. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

Oh, a case or two would be great. Can you send me pics of them? Thank you, Randy

3. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

0   0   0

Randy: If I am not mistaken,claybuster makes that wad.Look'em up. Ray

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Just an alert boys, but the claybuster clone is not and does not provide for the capacity like the old ww 11/4 wad! The best replacement is the downrange 1 1/4 wad and it really does duplicate the dimensions of the old ww 11/4 wad! I emphasize the old because the later ww wads are the same as the 1 1/8 and do not give me the room I need for 7625 or pb! Tom Rhoads

5. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

Just what Tom said...I only need the ones with the white, orange and black label on the bag, and it's bread tied, not heat sealed...Thanks, Randy ross

6. wex

wex TS Member

0   0   0

Here is a picture of what Randy is looking for.
    wex_2011_1412.jpg

7. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

Yep, those are the ones, thank you Brad....Randy

8. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

9. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

0   0   0

You need the Down Range AA Yellow wad. It is an exact replacement for the "OLD" Win AA 1 1/4 field wad. Winchester does not make the "OLD" style AA 1 1/4 wad, the new one is about the same height as the current 1 1/8 White wad. The Clay Buster (also a good company) makes a replacement for the Win AA 1 1/4 oz. field, but it duplicates the current, near 1 1/8 wad. Read on...

I called Kevin at Down Range to ask him why Winchester does not make the same wad as they used to, as I used it for my PB loads, and he said...

"Winchester "used" to use a bulkier powder and they needed the shorter yellow 1 1/4 style wad to fit the shell, THEN... they started to use WINCHESTER SUPER HANDICAP POWDER, which is very dense, and quickly changed the WAA114 to the current longer length". So... buy the Down Range version.

Good Luck, Randy.

10. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

Yeah, I tried that wad...I liked it, but just wanted to see if anyone had the old original they didn't need anymore...thanks, Randy

11. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

so these are the secret to your " SPECIAL " shells . LOL

12. ned408

ned408 Member

0   0   0

I had quite a few, until Hylton nabbed em. Now I frisk him when he leaves my loading room.

13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The original W114F has a nub that protrudes into the powder cup. When Winchester made the transistion to their current model the packaging was the same as the original. The best way to assure you are getting the old style is to look at the powder cup for the nub.

Winchester changed these when they went away from their compression formed hulls the the two pice construction.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.