1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB old soft gun cases for 52

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by StansCustoms, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I need a couple of old, really padded, decent soft gun cases like we used to get back in the old days.

All I can find these days are gun cases that are too short...and cheezy flimsy junk, that offer little protection.

I don't need anything ornate or fancy (well that would be nice if "VERY" reasonable $) but just something that offers protection for my Brownings to ride to and from the club in.

I've gotten 4 or 65 stock dings in the cheezy cases I have now because my trunk is crowded with ammo and the like...and they just haven't been up to the job.

No hard cases please...I have one Americase...unfortunately, I have a damaged right arm/elbo, and the darn thing is too heavy to be lugged around on short trips....and it is what damaged one of my guns riding next to it in a soft case.

I just need something I can carry an assembled 52" Trap gun with a Nelson drop down pad adjuster. Needs to be of ample dimensions...unlike the skimpy soft cases of today.

Thanks for any help...
    Best regards...Stanley Mayfield

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Cabela's Heavy Canvas shotgun case,52"@$52.99.

3. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks very much for the tip ljutic, I'll check it out...

I decided to look for old ones (like me) because all the new ones that I have tried up to now say 52"...but all have been outside dimensions or a 1/2" or more short inside. Chinamen don't give a full measure on anything it seems...lol! ...and of course, they're usually not very well padded.

They all seem to be a lot shorter/narrower too...can't zip up a taller stock, to say nothing of one with a drop down pad...

Maybe this one is different though...I'll sure take look at it..

Thanks and best regards..Stan

4. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The Cabellas reviews mention a couple of times that it should be should ordered a little longer than dimensions state. Other than that the Cabella's case seemed to be a good value for most users.

I have two cases that the butt sticks out of because it won't zip up...

Still looking...

Best regards...Stan

5. BT99Max100

BT99Max100 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Beretta has a very nice 54" double case. Seems well built with lots of padding and room. I brought mine from gunsunlimited, but I beleive Amazon sells them.

John

6. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Boyt Harness Signature Series 54". Shop around for best price.

7. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Mosquito Creek has Boyt Signature 54" for 59.99 with free shipping if you buy more than one. Jack p.s.the "chinamen" make them the way "we" order them, so blame the importer, if anyone.

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a Browning brand soft case for a hunting rifle. It is plenty thick, double reinforced around the handles, and the muzzle end has leather all the way around. Even though it looks like green canvas, it is stiff enough to stand upright in the corner of my closet without a rifle in it. I got it at gander mountain. I do not remember the exact price, but I remember it was pretty salty, like maybe $60. They had a shotgun version also, but I use Americase products for my shotguns.

9. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Chris..

Can you tell me the "inside" length of your cases...and the "inside" height (top to bottom) in the rear of the buttstock area.

I will buy two of them if my guns will zip up in them...maybe even all of them.

If is isn't too much trouble...and they are handy to you, if not, no worries and don't give it a second thought.

Best reagrds...Stan

10. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

....and thank you all gentlemen for the help. I will check them all out as well if Chris's don't fill the bill.

Much appreciated...
    Best regards...Stan

11. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

OK Chris... thanks for the update...Best regards

Still looking, guys.....

I would really like to find a couple of old Browning soft cases like I used to have 25 years ago...but let them get away, thinking I could always get more. They were nothing special back then...you know, wool lined, leather, canvas, etc.

Nowadays you would think a NEW case like that was gold...if you could even find one.

Maybe someone will come up with a couple they haven't used in a few years... that are just gathering dust now. One can only hope...lol!

Stan...

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

You might have to consider buying exactly the materials you want and having a local upholsterer who has good zipper material sew them up for you. Get closed cell foam, some kind of interior lining that will tend to draw moisture away from the gun, heavy duty good looking external fabric, handles can be made from your external fabric and some of the closed cell foam rolled in to a cylinder. You can get the handles placed exactly where you want them and end up with some properly sized cases that will last forever.

13. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

You may be right wireguy.

I guess that could be a last resort...if you can get someone to do it for less than the price of a new gun...lol.

Still looking...!

Bueller...Bueller...Anyone???

...Stan

14. StansCustoms

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.