1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

wtb old rem green express hulls

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by grouse 1970, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grouse 1970

grouse 1970 TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for old green rem. express hulls that take #57 primer
  2. slide action

slide action Active Member

0   0   0

Now THOSE wil be hard to find! Hopefully you have the 57s. Haven't been avaiable for years!!
  3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Those shells were all I used, back in the day. Remington "Express" with the Power Piston wad. They hit a lot harder than the other brands. Dogs liked them too, no runner pheasants.

HM
  4. DONNE

DONNE Member

0   0   0

I still have a bunch of the factory loaded 3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - 4,5&6s duck loads. Still have some 57 primers too. Can't shoot ducks with lead anymore and the ducks of the 60s don't come this far anymore. He!! , I'm too old to work that hard to kill a couple ducks anyway!
    Got a bunch of Win. MK5 same loading too.
  5. BreakUmAll

BreakUmAll Member

0   0   0

I have some Rem Gun Club hulls that I think take the 57 primers. These are black plastic and are late 60's earily 70's. Ihaven't looked at them for 40+ years.. these are 12 ga once fired.. Is there any interest in them? post here or PM me.. Thanks Larry
  6. blackbear-57

blackbear-57 TS Member

0   0   0

How many do you need, I think I may have 50 - 100.
  7. brdslayr

brdslayr Active Member

0   0   0

I've got two boxes of the old paper Express Remington shells. They are loaded and the boxes are nice and collectable. $30 plus cost to send for both. Shoot the ammo and load the empties. Save or sell the empty boxes. Can post pictures if needed. JW
  8. grouse 1970

grouse 1970 TS Member

0   0   0

thank u for the offer but those shells should be kept intact and passed on for the next generation to see thanks again Eric
  9. mag410

mag410 Member

0   0   0

If you do manage to locate some hulls, be mindful that the composition base wads tend to crumble and deteriorate pretty quickly. A piece of the base-wad can block the primer touch hole and a mis-fire will result. It is good practice to exam the base wad after de-priming. I wore out the last 57-primed hulls I had before I used up all the 57 primers. I have a Hastings muzzle loader barrel for an 1100/1187. The 57's work great in it as they will just fall out when I open the bolt whereas 209's have to be pried out.

Michael
  10. grouse 1970

grouse 1970 TS Member

0   0   0

thanks for the info
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.