1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB old duck hunting items-decoys-calls

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by corkcan, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

I am interested in buying any old duck hunting items. decoys,calls, pictures, paintings etc. Anything to do with the early days of duck hunting. Good prices paid for good examples.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Corkman. I used to collect old decoys, but now just collect perfect art. Here is a couple of items form Bob White of the Chesapeeke region.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a call made by James Dester. Now one of the formost call makers in the country. He made this call for me and gave it as a gift for little things I had done for him.

[​IMG]

As a collectible call it ios priceless. If you look at the top of the bbl section yu can see where he carved my name.

jack Swanson.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I see an Acorn, you aren't a member are you Jack? LOL

4. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

Jack, your decoys look great--Bob White does a real nice job of carving and painting!

5. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Corkman. Thsnks. I have collected for about 25 years. When I started the "golden days" of collecting were over. But today, most consider my early collecting the golden era. My collection of eclectic decoys has been psssed along to buyers and family and been replaced with what I term as "perfect paint" collection. If I get osm etime I'll post some other stuff I have.

Good luck

The avoe website is the call maker that made the call above. I own a couple of the calls shown on his website. (I think). Mine are stashed away. (It's a wifey thing, ya know?)

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I have numerous dioramas. This is one that is striking. Carved by a fellow in Eagle River WI. I forget his name. An Not my best pic work. But you get the messsage of what I collect. Thsi stuff is hard to dust.

[​IMG]

I'll put more up as I get a bit of tiem.

7. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

0   0   0

Corkcan,
    Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I have some decoys I would like to sell from my collection and will send some pictures.

I have some old cork body decoys,wood decoys by Decoys Unlimited, Erie, PA, Armstrong featherlite, and some other wood decoys that may be of interest.

Dr. Honk

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have three ( fiber bodied decoys) two hens and a mallard i beleive they are JC Higgins interested ? Let me know and will figure out what they are worth. My guess is that these deks are at least 60 years old I've had them for 30 and they hang on the wall.

9. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

Bruce, I already have some of the fiber and papermache decoys so i would not be interested in those, but thanks for interest. corkcan

10. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

0   0   0

Estate Sale in Snow Hill, Maryland on April 18th, 2009.
    Over 300 decoys of various grades to be sold, plus duck prints too numerous to list.
    One (OF many)special items is a working "over the wire" Dove decoy by Delbert "Cigar " Daisey of Chincoteague, VA.

For more info.
    Check out Ad in March/April issue of Decoy Magazine <a>http://www.decoymag.com/index.htm</a>

Or e-mail twobigdogATmchsi*com (substitute @ for AT and a period for the *)

11. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

admiral Art. Thanks for the heads up on the estate sale. corkcan

12. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

13. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

Depending on where you live you can find them at antique shows.I have found a few at Scotts in Atlanta.
    Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.