1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - old, antique Pine 4 X 8

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Anchorsteam, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

Anybody know where I can source a very small amount maybe (50 linear feet) of old (75 - 100 year old+) pine 4 X 8, 4 X 6, 4 X 12, etc. straight pine stock? Probably would come from a barn or old house tear down. Beauty is NOT important - should be nail-free. I'll plane it to around 3-1/2" thick anyway. It will not be used for construction purposes. Thanks.

mk

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Go to Ebay and type in the limber you need in the search box. I have seen some great looking lumber there. Price well some good and some bad.

Also Google lumber that you want and Google lumber in your state. I have found some places that were in the state that I could drive to.

Also what state are you in? Are you after just plain old pine or Heart Pine?

There is a guy in my area that is selling his lumber. www.stevessculpturs.com The bad part he think he knows what he has.

3. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

0   0   0

Do a search for salvaged material, salvaged barn wood etc. There are companies all over "recycling" this material.

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

No, do NOT want 'heart pine'. I'll check Ebay, saw mills, construction recyclers, etc. Thanks for the tips!

mk

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

I just got off Ebay and under PINE LUMBER there were some nice looking limber that just might fit your needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.