1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB O/U in S. Alabama

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by kaferhaus, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for a nice Trap/Skeet/Clays gun in S. Alabama. I'm an old fashioned guy that likes to hold/inspect before I buy. No offers to ship please.

Guns whose names start with K or P are way out of my price range....

251-377-9823

Steve Reeves

2. THALL

THALL Member

0   0   0

Try Styx River in Robertsdale. Good Luck. Tim Hall

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Steve, where in South Alabama are you located. Jackie B.

4. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What is your budget?

Doc

5. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

0   0   0

I'm in Mobile, AL. I shoot at Styx so I'm familiar with their very limited inventory.

My "budget" is around 2K. Obviously would highly prefer not to spend that much but would for the right deal.

I'd also consider a A400 auto in sporting config.

Also looking for a 20GA O/U, browning or beretta preferred.

6. Michael Knight

Michael Knight Member

0   0   0

I would still say get with Brad and maybe something could be found for you.

7. Ray Collins

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I shoot at Styx River three days per week; I shot there today. Who are you??

Doc

8. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

0   0   0

LOL my name is in the first post.... Steve Reeves,

I only shoot on the weekends with few exceptions. Mostly skeet with the occasional round of 5 stand. I shot at Mobile Shooting Center for 30yrs before they lost the lease... same folks that owned Styx for a few years before selling to the current folks.

The few times I've been out there during the week there was no one shooting on the skeet field.

I suppose you're a trap shooter? is there a regular group out there during the week? If so what days?

It takes me almost an hour to drive over there, so it's not much fun to drive all that way and find there's no one to shoot with.

I haven't shot trap in at a least 15yrs but if there's a regular group of folks out there during the week I might have to take it back up... still shoot skeet on the weekends..

9. Ray Collins

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The skeet shooters usually show up on Fridays and over the weekends; trap is usually shot all week but Wednesdays and Sunday mornings tend to be the most popular times. All groups are friendly and open to new shooters joining them as long as you are polite and safe.

Beginning in February we begin registered trap shoots on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. Skeet tournaments are held once per month; however, I am not sure of the schedule.

Doc

10. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

0   0   0

I'll try to look you up next time I'm out there on a Sunday morning. I've probably been missing folks the few times I've been out there during the week as it's usually late morning or early afternoon before I can get away.

I shot with some nice guys Sunday on the skeet field but they only shot a couple rounds and took off to some restaurant. I've met several regulars, couple of them have wives that shoot some.

I found a very nice 682 Gold E. here in Mobile that I bought yesterday.

It will be a good skeet/clays/5 stand gun for sure. Not sure about shooting trap with it.. I'm sure the pattern will be too low for it to be a good trap gun... but we'll see.

11. Ray Collins

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Steve,
    The 682 Gold E is what I shoot; it has an adjustable comb so you can adjust the POI. Where did you find the gun?

Doc

12. kaferhaus

kaferhaus TS Member

0   0   0

Mine does not have the adj. comb. I posted an ad on one of the local hunting web sites 2 days ago and got a call. It hasn't been shot since 2005 and obviously wasn't shot much before then. It does have the 32" barrels. I have no idea what the white speck just behind the grip is in the picture but there's no mark or anything on the stock... could have been a bit of lint I guess.

[​IMG]

13. Ray Collins

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looks nice; I am sure you will enjoy it.

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.