1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB NYLON 66

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by peddler, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peddler

peddler Member

0   0   0

Would like to buy a nice clean nylon 66, tube fed.?

Thanks

peddler

2. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

0   0   0

There is one at Cabela's in Scarborough, Maine for $299.00.

Mark

3. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

Go to Gunsamerica, gunbroker and Aution arms. There is a good selection on all three sites. If you see one with a Green Stock please let me know. Put in remnington Nylon 66.

4. peddler

peddler Member

0   0   0

Hydra

There is a green stock Seneca for sale on Guns America 600.00

Peddler

5. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

I looked but did not see it.

6. peddler

peddler Member

0   0   0

Hydra

Go to guns international item# Gl 100049537 Nylon 66 Seneca green

Iam still looking!!

7. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks I will take a look.

8. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks but the one I was told to find does have a green stock. I called about that one last week. He said it does have a tint of green but not a green stock. He also remembers seeing them from time to time. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Hydra I think your confused. The model 66 Seneca green has only a hint of green. If you laid a Mohawk Brown and a Seneca Green next to each other you could see the difference. The Seneca Green model ended in 1962 with about 45000 produced.

I think the model your looking for is the model 77 Apache green. Green stock with patches of orange swirls brown and black. This gun is often confused with the model 66(SG). About the only difference between the model 66 and 77 is the 77 is magazine feed 10 rounds. The Apache 77 was marketed as an "exclusive" run by K mart. Produced from 1987 to 1989. There was two variations of metal finish as well. I have both variations still in the box in my collection. You should be able to buy these for under $300.00 easy. Just sold a minty one for $250.00. I hope this helps.

I looked at a collection of nylons today that had 2 lever actions model 76 and 4 66 rifles. Not all that nice and 30% more than they were worth.

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The latest edition of American Rifleman has a great article on the genisus and history of the Nylon 66.

Robert

11. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

0   0   0

I don't think that the gun my friend is looking for. I know what he has or had. He said he had the gun before the 80's. So it has to be from the 60's. I will at the next gun show find a book on the rifles and see what they say. Thanks for the info and I will look at the 77 now. I will also print out a pick of the gun just so my friend can see if its correct. Thanks again.

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Whiz is there any difference in the value of the brown and black ones? I have one of each in fair to good condition and just wondered. Jackie B.

13. peddler

peddler Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the good information. I am still looking for a 66 brown,chrome and black, or green. Hope someone will come up with one. I would rather buy on TS.com than Gunbroker or Guns America

Peddler

14. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Shooting Jack It seems like the Black Diamond brings more and it should. The Black Diamond was made from 1978-1987 approx. 56000 guns. The Mohawk Brown had a total production of approx. 678.000. The Black Diamond is my favorite I have 2 in my collection that are stone mint. Keep in mind there is two variations of the BD. One has blued receiver cover while the other has a black matt finish. Probably late production. I have booth. Late production MB models could have matt receiver finish as well.

I buy Remington Nylons when available but they have to be mint or rare. Next ones I have for sale I will post them here first. I have sold 5 duplicate nylons recently. I didn't think any one here would be interested.

I will be at the Kansas city Gun Show next week maybe I might find some there.

15. Larry 30

Larry 30 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a 76 trailrider and a 66 apache.
    Larry Ulitzsch

16. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

whiz - bang , you have mail wally riebesell

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

I enjoyed reading the article on Nylon 66s. They have always felt just perfect to me. When I was a kid, that was my dream gun. Now I have a couple. Omaha

18. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

They have a very big problem. You cant put a scope on them. The metal receiver cover will move so the rifle will never shoot right.

19. kolar12

kolar12 Member

0   0   0

I had a scope on mine, a Weaver J2.5, and it shot very well. I upgraded to a v-4.5 and the rifle was stolen. Still have the J2.5 though.

20. mikeshann

mikeshann TS Member

0   0   0

does anyone know how to assemble one that has been taken apart for cleaning. I have one i got from a friend who couldn't get his back together. I was always told NEVER EVER disassemble one completely. Well he did and now i have it and can't get it back together. I've never had a problem with any other gun but this one. any thoughts on who to contact? thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.