1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB-- Nylon 66 Buttplate or Broken Stock

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by avery53, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avery53

avery53 Member

0   0   0

Longshot I know, but need to replace the butt plate on a 66. Hoping someone might have a busted stock sitting in a corner somewhere.

Thanks
    avery

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

They are on GunBroker. Nylon 66 search.

3. avery53

avery53 Member

0   0   0

I must be missing something, my search has been coming up empty on GB

4. jefffriman

jefffriman TS Member

0   0   0

I have one you can have just pay the shipping

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

avery53 how are you planning to remove the broken butt plate and what type of glue are you going to use on the new butt plate? I am looking for a glue that will bond cracked nylon stocks together. Good luck on your project.

In the near future I will be selling a complete collection of every cataloged nylon rifle made. Including some variations and NIB rifles if interested.

6. avery53

avery53 Member

0   0   0

jefffriman, PM sent--- Thanks

whiz-bang, The stuff I find recommended most is Tech-bond, Here's a link to a person using it successfully. Definitely need to do more research on it though.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?174174-Nylon-66-stock-repair-open-to-suggestions

I found a person that did the plate removal, it is quite involved and time consuming. If this wasn't a Senaca Green (59), I wouldn't even attempt it. lol

Thanks

7. dan12ga

dan12ga Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

hi folks,
    if i remember right, remington had a life time guarantee on these stocks. i would contact remington at 1-800-243-9700 and see what they have to say. i used to collect nylons, and had 17 different ones, i beleive they had about 26 models, bolts, autos, and levers.....dan12ga

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Remington will take your broken 66 and a c-note and send you a new 597. Thats the extent of the remaining warranty. Not much of an offer if you ask me, since a new 597 can be had for under 200 bucks, and you can part out a Nylon 66 for $400+ on ebay...

9. scott starks

scott starks TS Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

The first gun I ever shot was a Nylon 66. Cub scouts circa 1975. I took one apart once just to see what it was like. It took my expert gunsmith Dad a long time to reassemble it! I would suggest not taking one apart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to fix a broken stock on a nylon 66 rifle

how to remove a butt stock on a nylon 66
nylon 66 butt stock cap

nylon 66 buttplate

nylon 66 stock

nylon 66 stock repairs

remington nylon 66 butt plate

remington nylon 66 stock