1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB NIB Colt AR-15 accurized rifle 24" stainless

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WTB NIB Colt AR-15 accurized rifle 24

Ed, Most of that stuff is going to the military and can't be found in heavy barrel's. Lot's of places list lots of stuff... It doesn't mean they have any. I found one for a guy a month or so ago and it was 300 dollars more then the "Local Guy" said he sold them for. I told him to buy it from the loacal guy. He told me the local guy doesn't have any! So I told him the guy I found sells them for 500 dollars less when he doesn't have any! My buddy got the point. It's pretty much pony up and pay or wait until the war is over. Jeff

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

HMMM... I wonder what this Colt HBAR stainless is doing in my safe. Jeff

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

COLT ACCURIZED RIFLE(CAR)HBAR. model 6724 wholesale $1061.90

Did Jerry's print their catalog before they found out that this rifle was not going to be produced?

I know sometimes it takes years for a rifle/shotgun to come on the market after a company announces it but if Colt wasn't going to produce it why is it in Jerry's catalog?

AJ100

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Jeff, you must have the one and only. LOL

AJ100

5. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Ed,
    Go to Compass Lake Engineering. I listed their web site above. Frank White is well known in the hi-power circles as one of the best mouse gun builders out there. If you want a gun that will put 5 in 1/4" or better @ 100yds he is your man. Ask him for his recommended loads for varmints or competition. His daughter Bunny is also very knowledgeable.

Bill Borman

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

It better be more accurate than their older 24" stainless varminter. What an overrated gun that was.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Being an old head who has had a long term affair with the AR-15, get a good upper and lower, buy a 24" SUPER PREMIUM barrel, and put the gun together yourself, or have a smith who is known for this to do it for you.

Spend the money on the barrel. Set it up without sights and put a good scope on it. I like stainless. the 5.56 is a high intensity round, and does not like dirty or unchromed chambers. It will tolerate stainless well.

Get the WYLDE chamber. This will let you shoot M855, M193, and your precision ammo with the accuracy you need. If you get a civilian 223 chamber, you CANNOT shoot heavy ball in it. Get the 1-9" twist.

I prefer a match two stage trigger. If for long range and varmints, the forged steel lower is not a bad idea. You can get a weight for the stock. Guns built like this will generally shoot 1/4" groups with precision ammo, which you MUST reload. Shooters in the know often use LC military brass. The 60 grain Hornady VMAX and Accurate Arms 2015 (less muzzle flash) and 2520 will work well. YMMV.

8. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

Why a colt? If you just want a colt, I cool with that, but There are better shooting rifles on the market, for the same or less money. Colt is way overrated these days and the quality isnt anything like it used to be. If i were wanting a super accurate ar stlye rifle I would look at Rock River. I have two and they are 1/2" guns! To each his own! Good luck with your search. Lee

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Hell, go with a Les Baer custom. They will shoot .250 groups all day long.

AJ100

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I saw some dpms guns at a gun show yesterday. What sort of quality are they, compared to Bushmaster, Colt, etc?

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Best place to look is GunsAmerica or Gunbroker or GunDigest I think.

Good Luck, AJ100

12. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Try R Guns in Carp[entersville, IL

13. oz

oz Active Member

DPMS are good, just have a heavy trigger that needs to be upgraded. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page