1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wtb mx8 type for barrels for intl skeet

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Baber, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

What are the chokes? Tula or screwed or what? Barrel weight?

Tom

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Tom.. the chokes I shoot are .004/.006 27 5/8" small step rib.. 1.48 KG.. My barrel has Briley type2 but Tula would be fine too..

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a 30 inch if interested

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Shooting International Skeet, I doubt highly that they would shoot open skeet chokes. The second shot on station 4 could be a 30+ yard shot.

5. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

pm sent

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

FLY : you don't know much about Int'l Skeet !!

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I called my Greek friend who knows vastly more than I know about International skeet.. He shoots .004/.008 #9's.. Most of his shots are not much past the center stake.. remember.. their shells are 1330 fps..and also 24 gram.. While I think their targets are a little faster..and more doubles in a round..the game is very similar to American skeet..just harder..

If anyone is friends with Kim Rhodes..a quick question to her would provide the best answer one could get.. All Good.. Mike

8. fly

fly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hey Eurojoe, what is the average distance of the second shot in doubles in international skeet?

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They gotta be killed before they get to the high (or low) house. They are 21 yards away at the middle, how's your geometry. Also these kids are pretty quick!

10. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Look for the thread by WGH with Perazzi barrels for sale - those should be perfect for your needs.

Good luck - those birds move too fast for me!

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

They would be GREAT for bunker too.. The weights and rib are perfect..and the screw chokes make them adaptable for any game.. I have a set of older cat3 barrels with series2 Briley chokes.. With the bunker chokes made by Steve Baldwin and Stu Wright..it has performed flawlessly on bunker.. and with the Brileys..they did the same on International skeet as well as American skeet..

12. cecritz

cecritz Member

0   0   0

I have 27-12" set type 4 with factory chokes, no side ribs, wide flat rib,
    ported, in great shape $1800.00. drop the xx's and e-mail me and i'll send pic's
    Charlie

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

my 30 inch type 4 set(MXB barrel) with P choke in bottom barrel

ported

$1700

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I shot a round of international skeet over here in South Africa with their national champion.

For me, the second shot in the doubles at station 4 was a bit of a long shot for skeet, but with skeet chokes, I was still breaking it with 24 grams of 9 shot.

For the guy I was shooting with, he was smashing the first bird 20 feet before the center stake, and the second bird about 15 feet after the center stake.

Next time I shoot with him, I'll ask him how his gun is choked.

For what its worth, shooting international skeet with a heavy 32" trap O/U is challenging, but its the only gun I brought over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.