1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: MX3 SPECIAL COMBO 34/32

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Trap2, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I am looking for a Perazzi MX-3 Special Combo. Gun must be entirely original, no barrel modifications, factory built combo. Prefer fixed choke gun, but not a deal breaker. All numbers MUST match. I will pay top dollar for a top dollar gun. 34" single barrel with 32" O/U barrels. Please, no "parts guns" that have been put together with different parts. I want a factory original MX-3 Special Combo. I'm not interested in anything else..... Thanks.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

ttt

3. joehunter

joehunter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The MX3 special is one of the best Perazzi's ever made. I have tried other Perazzi's and keep coming back to my MX3 special combo. They are getting tougher and tougher to find, especially in original condition.

Joey

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks everyone that responded. I found one and it's on its way to me today or tomorrow. I am now an official member of the "MX3 Special Owners Club".. Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

0   0   0

Sooooo, Dan is your DB81 going to sue for alienation of affection?

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

someone fill me in please...what's so special about the MX3?

7. joehunter

joehunter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A MX3 and a MX3 Special are 2 different guns. They both have the same higer rib height but the MX3 has a round monoblock and the MX3 special has the square , like the mX8, 2000 etc. The MX3 special is usually more popular because of this. I currently have a MX3 special combo, but have had the MX3 as well. I shot them both well. The MX3 special and the MX3 was or is still being shot by a good number of All-Americans like Jimmy Heller, David Kelly, Dan Bonillas.

Joey

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

This is an MX3. The rib height is just enough to block out the bbl and you cannot see the bbl. Just a fine tapered rib. But the lucky combo owners will tel you that the O/Us became (and still are) cult items because they are lighter. Perazzi still makes the no mid rib bbls in several configurations. The other big differenc in the MX3 is that it fires top first in doubles and the MX3 Special fires bottom first and has the P4 adjustable, internal selectable trigger that is in so much constant demand.

[​IMG]

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

TP Express... Nooooooooo. The DB-81 will stay in the stable just in case the MX-3 misbehaves. After a while, we will see which one gets to be "First String". I have wanted an MX3 Special for several years now, for just the reasons MIA explained above. The 32" MX-3 Special O/U barrel is much more responsive than the DB-81 is, with it's side ribs. I owned and shot an MX3 for a couple years before moving to an MX15, which I hated, and then on to the DB-81's. I shot that MX3 very well so I thought I would try one again. The fact that it is an MX3 SPECIAL makes it a very good investment as well. These guns just do not lose their value, rather, they increase in value as the years go by. Just try to find one today at a reasonable price. You can expect to pay as much, or more, for a clean MX3 Special Combo, as you would for an MX10 or MX2000 combo, and get a much nicer gun in the bargain..... My long time love affair with the older DB-81 combo's is the same as the affection I have for the MX-3 Specials. These guns were absolutely the pinnacle of Perazzi craftsmanship.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I bought a MX-3 Special last Sept for a - but certainly not as an investment - but I really like to shoot it

11. joehunter

joehunter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If anyone has a MX3 special 34 inch top single barrel for sale send me a PM or an email. Remove the xxx in the email.

I will post a picture later of my SC3 that has my MX3 special 34/30 barrels fit to it.

Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.