1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Multi-Scale Universal Charge Bar

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by psfive, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

I have a MEC 650 progressive loader. My powder drops are always short. I am going try the adjustable ( Multi-Scale )Model D powder and shot bar. Anyone out there have a complete one I could buy. I start here because advise is always a good thing. Also someone here may just have one they want to part with for whatever reason. I want one complete for a progressive loader. Paul

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

When and if you get one, be sure to fold the suggested settings for drops into a neat, little square and deposit it in the recycleables. Then let us know you have it and we'll advise you how to set it up quickly and reliably. The main dilemma is that the adjustable mechanism has "lash" in it (like any screw/bolt) and there's a tendency for beginners to go up and down, back and forth, hunting for the perfect setting. I've been using the adj. bar(s) on two machines for a very long time with great satisfaction.....Bob Dodd

3. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Check eBay. I saw three up for sale under Hunting: Reloading.

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

0   0   0

Paul

Check at your local gun dealer, this is where I got mine.

I have two adjustable charge bars. One set up for 1.0 ounce the other for 11/8 ounce of shot.

1 ounce = 437.5 grains

11/8 ounce = 492.2 grains

I’ve been using the Universal Charge Bar since July of 02 and would not be without them!

I have a Mec Grabber. The adjustable charge bars works GREAT on this loader.

The adjustable charge bars can be contrary to work with. I found that to tweak or fine-tune the powder/shot drops, turn the knob BACK, than in small increments turn it forward until you obtain what your want. You really should have an electronic scale to set up the adjustable charge bar.

Good luck.

Frank

6. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

0   0   0

Paul

You can order adjustable charge bars at this web site (the URL above). There are four versions, make sure you get the one that is made for your loader.

Frank

7. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

Guys
    Thanks for all the help. I am the proud owner of a universal charge bar. We'll see how it goes. Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.