1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Monte Carlo Stock for Rem 1100 20 Guage

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frye, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frye

Frye TS Member

If anyone knows where I can find one, or if anyone has one. I'm interested. I can refinish it if necessary. Would like a forend too, just to match.

Drop the XX's in my email.

Thanks everyone.

Frye (Jeff)

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I made one. It's fairly simple.<br>
    <br>
    Purchase a 12ga monte carlo stock.<br>
    <br>
    Take the 20ga wood stock off. Remove the stock bearing plate. This is a "washer" shaped like the tenon (face of the stock).<br>
    <br>
    Put the 20ga stock bearing plate on the 12ga stock and trace around it. This is your guide for trimming the tenon.<br>
    <br>
    You'll need some woodworking tools, or a good X-Acto knife with regular and flat chisel blades as a minimum.<br>
    <br>
    Coming in from the side, lightly score the tenon. Then from the face, chisel off small amounts. Repeat. Don't take too much off. Leave more the the traced area, and carefully check it into the back of the 20ga receiver as you go.<br>
    <br>
    Eventually you'll have it snugly fitting. The stock will be slightly wider than the 20ga receiver, and the top will be raised up even more. At this point you can sand the stock down and refinish it. Or you can just ignore it. It's not really that noticable. I ignored mine.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

If you have a standard weight 20, any 12ga stock will work with no alterations needed. To tell if the gun is a standard weight, a quarter will pass through the mag ring on the barrel. Jeff

4. Frye

Frye TS Member

I just picked this little sweetheart up for $150.00
    I was suprised that I was smoking targets with at 24 yard line! It needs a good cleaning and a few adjustments here and there to be right but what a good shooter this thing is.. If I can get a MC on it and have my gunsmith do some extractor work, this is going to be a good first timers shooter and one heck of a dove hunter for me. It's incredibly soft to shoot but the stock is just too low. I think it may have belonged to a child at one time. AND, I just noticed that the finish doesn't match the forend piece. The forend is very glossy and the stock is oil/satin finished.
    I still think I got a good deal!!

Jeff (Frye)

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    $150 and it looks good and works is a smokin' deal.

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Also for temporary use until you get what you want just go to Wal Mart or any other stores and get the Dr. Schoals Mole Skin and build it up.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/products/?action=view&current=Moleskin_Plus_Padding_Roll.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

7. G-12

G-12 TS Member

I have a pretty decent 1100 stock and fore arm from a 12 gauge if you still need one. $100 plus shipping. Thanks, Ben

8. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I believe a Remington 742 Monte Carlo rifle stock will fit the LT 20 frame.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

You can also use a Velcro arm brace (found @ drug stores) and put foam shims under it. Someone makes a slip on M/C pad I've used them as well. Hope it helps.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Figiure out which 20ga it is and let us know. Until we know which model we can't help you. It's as simple as that. The standard weight 20 ga will have a aserial number that ends in x. This is the easies way to tell if you have a standard weight 20 ga. If your gun is a standard weight I have lots of stocks. Jeff

11. Frye

Frye TS Member

OK, here's what I have.. SN#64380- N... I guess it's ok to post that..Last digit deleted in case. It's an 1100 Magnum receiver 20 guage. 28' barrel. Stock has clearly been changed. The more I look at it, the more I don't like it!! It just doesn't look right. The forend is original, near as I can tell. It's high gloss and in good shape. The grip looks identical in size as my 11-87 Premier Trap.
    I think a 12 guage stock will fit this. I suppose I could try to swap stocks just to see but I'm uncertain about how the gun comes apart. I don't want to mess up my 11-87. It's my backup gun.

What do you think?

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

OKay, take the barrel off the 20, the ring that protrudes below the barrel and goes over the magazine tube will answer the question of if it is a Standard 20. If a quarter will pass through the ring it is a standard weight 20. Jeff

13. Frye

Frye TS Member

B Morriston..
    You have mail.

Thanks
    Jeff

14. Frye

Frye TS Member

Ok, I took the barrel off and a quarter dropped right to the floor thru the ring. Looks like I have a standand weight 20 Guage. It didn't rub or hit a thing. Fell right to the floor.

Jeff (frye)

15. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Any 12 ga stock will fit. Jeff

16. Frye

Frye TS Member

Jeff,

You mentioned you have lots of stocks. I have none.
    Could you possibly email me what you have and what your willing to part with.

I'd like to get working on this little guy. I may even give it to my dad as a late b-day present when I get done fartin' around with it. Who knows, I may be able to beat him if he shoots a 20 Guage!! I don't stand a chance when he's got the 12 in hand.
    drop the xx's in the email address.

Thanks

Jeff (Frye)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.