1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Model 42 .410

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Dustoff, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

My grandson is going to start shooting trap early. I would like to purchase a Model 42 .410. A vent. rib is a must, and no skeet chokes. I understand Browning makes a nice one? Please sent me a pm if you have one for sale. Merry Christmas!

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

.410s are for experts, not kids. Buy him a 28 gauge so he can hit something. He won't have any fun missing shot after shot with the .410 and will soon get discouraged.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Even 9 yr-olds can shoot a light 20ga load, especially in a lighweight gas operated semi-auto. One club I go to has little 20ga Mossberg Bantam pump guns with recoil systems added. Tiny kids have a ball with them. EuroJoe is right, the .410 bore is just too difficult.

-Gary

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

0   0   0

410 shells are expensive and I think there are better choices for a young person. I have to agree with Joe. When my Girl was young I bought her a 20 gauge because she wanted to shoot with me. I took her to the trap field several times to practice and took her to her first reg. shoot. She surprised me by winning the women's trophy with her 20 ga. This is my opinion as you do what ever you want to but I think a 410 is a bad choice.

Dave

5. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

0   0   0

I appreciate your responses, but I'm not looking for opinions. I have my reasons. Does anyone have a .410 for sale?

6. Fox River Sporting

Fox River Sporting TS Member

0   0   0

I have a very nice Model 42 that I am planning to sell. It is a SOLID rib, full choke, deluxe wood. I realize that you specified vent rib but this gives the same sighting plane. It is an excellent refinish (most people cant tell)but is priced as a shooter, not as a collector gun. If you have any interest contact me...I have many good pix. Thanks, Tom

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

AhHa! The truth comes out! You want it for yourself, and the kid is a convenient excuse for GrandMa. I hope you find what you like, Merry Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.