1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Mec Bottle Support

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by 687_SP_II, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

Who has the best price on a bottle support for a Mec progressive reloader? (9000G)

2. WWB

WWB Member

0   0   0

Sent you a PM

3. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Would like to know where I can get them also. Please make a public post.

4. butchiez

butchiez TS Member

0   0   0

I have one will sell for $20.00 plus Shipping.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bought mine here^^^^.
    grntitan_2009_2503235.jpg

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

At first, they seem cumbersome to change bottles, shot, powder, bushings, etc. But after you figure out to work with the unit, it makes all those things easier. One tip I will give you is to put a strip of tape across the top of the shot bottle insuring that the stopper stays in. Then the unit can be tipped back safely. I have mine on a 9000E and It is really easy to change bushings, bars, shot etc.

7. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

0   0   0

687;I made one years ago for my 9000.I took some one half tubing with an L in it to go across behind the bottles and down to the rear of the loader.When I got it the right lenth I drilled a hole in the side of the loader and used a metal tubing strap that only has one hole in it. I took a long bolt and bolted it to the loader frame with a round spring over the bold on the inside of the loader.when I want the support up I pull the clamp out and put it over the tubing when I don'T I pull the clamp out and let it lay on the bench.The bolt to leave it swivle is about 4 or 5 inches above the tubing clamp threw the middle of the tubing.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack--I won't ask why your so specific on taping the cap in. LOL

I have had my hours picking up shot from the little red cap coming out. What a mess. That stuff goes everywhere.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Matt. I actually learned that 20 years ago. Nuff said, except that the bottle support should be SOP from the start. It works great and makes switching loads a breeze.

10. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

grntitan, put a jaxx ball inside the top of a soft drink bottle and glue it on top of your shot bottle and you will never have to pick up shot again.turn it over and the ball will drop,blocking the opening.when your done screw the cap on.works for powder to.

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

No cost bottle support. Take a powder bushing and place it half way up between the two bottles. Then take a rubber band and put it around the two bottles to hold the bushing in place. HMB

12. rasas100T

rasas100T Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I do have a used one and i could sell it for $20 include the shipping

13. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all that responded. I have found a bottle support.

14. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I am confused on how the bushing and rubber band thing adequately supports the bottles in the event the silver solder (1969 Mec 650) failed which it did one time on the shot bottle. It was not fun cleaning up the 15 # of shot. Since then of course, I re-soldered the "cap" but more importantly installed the bottle support which attaches to the machine and would hold the bottle in the event the solder again failed! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.