1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Mec 9000 H

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by sharks, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharks

sharks TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for a new or fairly new Mec 9000 H with or without the pump and motor as I have a 9000H already but having problems with the deprimer station after knocking the primer it also bulges out the head of the base of the hull.

2. John 53

John 53 Member

0   0   0

Check to see if you have some stray shot between the petals of the resizer. The collet may just need a thorough cleaning. Good luck.

John

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Loosen the cullet by turning the adjustment nut counter clockwise. BYG

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

0   0   0

Like the other said. Clean the resizer and loosen the collect nut.

5. sharks

sharks TS Member

0   0   0

I have cleaned the cullet out and used the air compressor on it but I haven't loosend it yet I will try that in the morning. Thanks for the advise.

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

0   0   0

For some reason, it sounds as though your shell is not dropping all the way down in the sizer collet. Cleanliness and lubrication is key. Take it apart and clean in solvent then put it back together and lube the OUTSIDE with preferably "MEC collet lube" or good anti-sieze available at most auto parts stores.

7. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

0   0   0

The other guys said it. You don't need a new machine.
    Make sure the rod is sliding and dropping down smoothly on station #1. Any lube on it will gum it up and keep the rod from sliding smoothly and then the hull won't drop all the way down.

Your hull not dropping to the bottom in #1 is the real issue . Now what is causing it?

A pellet stuck in the petals of the collet will also do it. I use a dental pick to check in between the petals when needed. So will a slightly misaligned turning plate. Make sure it rests snug against the plate stop that I think is just the other side of station 3. The collet should be lubed or that will also do it. I do that by holding the foot pedal down and lubing the outside of the collet. I also have an H and I think that because the hydraulic pressure is strong right from the initial pressure on the foot pedal, everything has to be just right. By the time the foot pedal squeals from the pressure of mushrooming the hull it's too late.

8. u r 2

u r 2 TS Member

0   0   0

make sure wad guide does hit hull

9. u r 2

u r 2 TS Member

0   0   0

make sure wad guide does not hit hull, sorry.

10. Cclark

Cclark TS Member

0   0   0

Pm sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.