1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Meat Smoker

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Grade VI, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I looking to buy a smoker for wild game and store bought meat. Is Bradley the best one to buy? Should I get an electric or propane smoker? What size is best for normal household use? What flavors are the best to use and finally what do you use to brine the meat? Thanks for all the help.

2. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have a Bradley electric, non-digital. If I had it to buy over again I would have spent the extra for the digital but at the time I was just embarking upon my smoking adventures. I like the Bradley because of the automatic puck feeding system, it holds a steady temperature, will do cold smoking and is a lot of fun. It has been really reliable. The major drawback is that you have to use the Bradley proprietary wood pucks which are more expensive than regular hard wood but unless you are doing industrial volumes of smoking the price difference is tolerable.

I also use an offset smoker which I like as we'll but I only use it when I have a whole day to spend chained to the smoker minding matters. With three small kids, the Bradley gives me a lot more flexibility to not have to be there the whole time.

Dan

3. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

0   0   0

Want a great smoker that is fast, easy to use, and makes great food? Read up on this one, read the reviews. Have cooked many a meal on one and had many people go buy after I did, check it out!

4. arend003

arend003 Member

0   0   0

I am still into charcoal and wood for heat and love my Lyfe Tyme grill/smoker You do have to tend the fire during the day but it does a great job and when you want to BBQ some ribs it is great as well.

5. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I recommend you buy a pellet grill(Treager-Green Mountain). Very easy to use also acts as an oven, grill, and smoker.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have had a Treager for 13 years, my three sons all have one, lots of guys at the club have them. You wont be sorry. My only thought would be get the right size. I bought the big one Q75 and since there are only two of us at home now it is too big

7. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

0   0   0

I echo exactly what Dan/djldb6 had to say. I will definately step-up to digital controller when analog system stops working. I like the hickory wood chips.

Easy, works well, and affordable.

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Love my MasterBuilt electric. Very little mess to clean up and works like a charm. The digital thermometer makes it easy to cook to proper temperature.

9. JEB

JEB Active Member

0   0   0

I have a NIB (unopened) Masterbuilt Propane Smoker model # 20050106. Specs are 2.7 cubic feet, 700 square inches of cooking area, 15,400 BTU's, stainless burner with 4 racks and removable water pan. Best price new is $140.00, will sell for $75. Location is Prescott, AZ.

John Bergman

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

0   0   0

Bummer. When I saw the thread title, I thought it referred to a different topic. I was going to tell you that when you found one, please ask her if she has a sister. Oh well.

11. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Which type of smoker is best and easier to use, an electric or propane one?

12. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

the today show had smokers on today. said you can get them at bass pro shops, walmart and lots of other places. just google it.

13. lostandout

lostandout Member

0   0   0

http://mygrilla.com/ look at this one there sweet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

meat shooters mix meat for smoker

wtb meat smoker