1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB, Marlin 444 lever

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shot410ga, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ad says it all, WTB a Marlin 444 lever action.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

As a Marlin fan..if you have a choice in the matter..find a post '99 to '07model...this will have the Ballard style rifling with a 1/20 twist rate that will give you top accuracy with heavy bullets...I've been reloading mine with 335gr and 350gr hardcast gaschecks and its a monster with those bullets and is capable of heavier before velocity is the factor limiting you to 150yds max ranges

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Calvin is right. A 300+ gr bullet is a game changer in the 444.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thanks Coach...the lightest bullets I even bother with in mine are the Hornady 265's and Speer 270s..but the 335 with its big metplat is true stopper

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

I have one for you to consider. I do not think it is a 'ballard' rifling tho - I think the barrel has 'microgroove' stamped on it. Longest deer shot with it was 125 yds over a truck hood 9 years - that's about all I've one with it. It sits in the safe. If you are really interested - I could probably reach all the way back in the safe and snap some photos, but we (I) lost our digital camera chasing Izzie the Aussie thru the woods a few weeks ago. Most folks will tell you to not shoot .44 thru a .444. Fun gun - a blaster indeed.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marlin444 forum