1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Magnetic Wand for Picking Up Hulls

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Ed Y, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I was at a shoot a couple of weeks ago and the club had what looked like a broom stick with a magnet, approx. 5" in diameter on the end of it. At the end of the shoot, the help was able to pick up hulls quite easily. The magnet was very strong and picked up about 20 hulls before they were dumped into a basket. Has anyone seen one of these? Does anyone know where I can get one for our club?

Ed Yanchok

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

0   0   0

A friend had one similiar to what you describe Ed and said he got it at Home Depot or a Tool Town type store. Only works on steel headed shells though.

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

0   0   0

I bought 3" dia. magnets at my local hardware store at a cost of about $5. ea. They will pick up 90 lbs or so. I fastened 2 of them to a 1x3- 8'' long, tied a rope thru the wood and used it to pick up nails after a barn demolition. Works great. You can actually hear the nails "jumping" up to the magnets. Larry Evans

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The one that I saw actually held the steel in the primers of all brass hulls. That's why I said that it was a very strong magnet. I'll try Home Depot or Lowes. Maybe they're used to pick up dropped nails.

Ed Yanchok

5. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Lowes has them, last time I saw them they were about $14.99 each I believe...Bill

6. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

0   0   0

But keep them away from your watch.

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Construction and the like catalogs have roll about devices for picking up dropped nails. I'm sure Lowes, Menards etc. do too.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have a Snap On Tool magnet that will pick up 30-35 at a time. It is on a lont arm that extends to about 3 ft

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

0   0   0

Ed , the magnets from CVR`s are fine . We mounted them on a piece of 1/2 in. EMT They have a 1/4-20 thread in the middle . Probably any speaker magnet would work .

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

Harbor Freight has them here and I think there are two powers/strengths to choose from. I made mine using a speaker magnet and a 3 foot wooden handle.Ray

11. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

cubancigar, John Wayne Bobbit went to work for Snap-on Tools as a spokesperson after his little run in with his wife. heh heh!

12. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

0   0   0

Duke Pecan Co. (Pecan Picker model 0200), this is what you need. We have 4 of them to pick up hulls. They work great, never have to bend over. Bob Schultz used to sell them. This brand works the best for hulls. You line up the wires on the bottom of the picker parallel with the hull and push down, hull slips into hopper. When full you spread apart and empty hopper. It will hold around 10 hulls at a time. I use two of these at a time, one in each hand. Best hull picker you will find for the money. Amazon.com has them for $10.40 each.

13. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

0   0   0

someone here donated a pecan picker upper. It works great. Needs to be dumped about every 10 hulls or so.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Harbor Freight is where we get ours.

The Pecan Pickers work good too. wear and tear accrues, but they stay good a long time.

HM

15. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

0   0   0

Here is the one I sell for $35

Scott

xxxhiperfoil1@nc.rr.comxxx

drop x's

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

And keep them away from your credit/ata card too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magnetic wand to pick up hulls