1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB M1 GARAND

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by steele, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

I had coffee with an older neighbor this morning. We were dicussing guns & shooting, etc. He asked me to try to find an original M1 Garand rifle. He went on to tell about being issued one during his experience in Europe during WW2 ( I found out he was awarded a Bronze Star. I lived near him for 55 years & just found out today). He doesn't care about function. It can be plugged/inoperative. Just as long as it looks good. He doesn't want a new manufactured one. Someone on TS should be able to shed a little light on this.
    If possible, I'd get one as a gift for him for Christmas. Butch from Pgh

2. shotgunner50

shotgunner50 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Butch,
    Get on civilian marksmenship program website or CMP they have a retail outlet at camp perry, ohio and anniston Alabama. Functioning M1 Garands start at about 500.00
    Hope this helps M Taylor shotgunner 50

3. coalboss

coalboss Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i have a nice sprinfield that i would sell but i need $700.00 OUT OF IT. 330-429-7996

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

If it Does not need to Fire....Sounds like the parade type used in Marching Bands and or Wall Displays maybe what you want..Google...Marching Band Equipment..Or M1 Garand Replicas.

5. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

CMP sometimes has M1s with plugged barrels. You can find out how to order at the e-store. www.thecmp.org/sales

M1 Garand Drill Rifles
    ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE
    RM1DRILL M1 Garand Drill Rifle (Description Below) $345
    S&H $24.95 per rifle

Fits the description of our Rack Grade with the additions of: gas cylinder lock screw is welded to lock and gas cylinder, barrel is drilled, plugged and welded at chamber mouth. Barrel is welded to the receiver, firing pin hole is welded closed on bolt face. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, poor fit, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. Wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

That sounds like just what he wants. Thanks guys. The old infantryman will be happy. Butch from Pgh

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

One cannot just buy an M1 from the CMP. Certain requirements must be met. Must be a member of an affiliated club. Must participate in shooting sports. Check the CMP website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.