1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Long tang Superposed trigger guard

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by gun1357, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

I want to add some up-graded wood to a '67 Broadway but it has been inletted for the long tang. Does anyone have one laying in a drawer out there? Ron Renouf

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

I found one for "mechanical" triggers but don't know what the difference might be. Ron

3. jhh

jhh Member

0   0   0

The mechanical trigger guard is only slightly different than the earlier inertia trigger guns in that at the front of the guard where it is closest to the trigger it is slightly longer to the rear, extending toward the trigger a little more where it is at the action. Seems like it is about .030" longer there (from the half-turn joint that attaches it to the action). I use them and just mill off what is in the way of the trigger, you could do it with a file. When you have one in hand you can see what I am trying to explain quite easily. On the mechanical trigger the forward movement is stopped by that portion of the guard, which isn't the case with the inertia trigger. Regards, John Hancock

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks John. That is good to know. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.