1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Ljutic Spacegun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MDJ67, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

I would like to find a nice clean Spacegun. Anybody have one or know of one let me know. Send pictures and details.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. doc boc

doc boc Member

There is one on gunbroker with a release trigger, it been redone by ljutic 3500$ is the asking price. you can call nadine ljutic and get info on gun.
    doc

3. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Any out there?

4. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Bob Schultz had one on his site!

38-01615

5. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Didn't see the one on Bob Schultz site.

6. redbearmx15

redbearmx15 TS Member

Here's a link to the space gun on gun broker there are quite a few pictures.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45092385

Roger/OH SJVCC

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Awesome pics at above gunbroker site. Only missing pic is one of an open bolt. I like pic #15 of the two beads from shooter's end.

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Joe, there's a little bad news about that "open bolt." I take it you don't know...

Neil

9. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

What is the bad news? An ATF rule?

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

No, no problem like that, Joe. It's just that there's no "open bolt" position, the spring always is trying to close it.

One hand holds the gun. A second hand opens the bolt and holds it open. The third hand loads the shell...

Neil

11. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

12. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

So it is about a two person operation? lol John

13. gspman

gspman Member

Ljutic spacegun #62 is for sale at the new Cabelas store in Hammond Indiana. Sorry, I don't recall the price.

gspman (Dave P.)

14. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Price is $3900. Cabela's bought it as part of a collection. Stock is the tubular variety. I spoke to a fellow named Pete, who is working in the Gun Room and is a trapshooter. He says the gun is in very good shape - a little wear on the wood forearm and a little blue wear but nothing major. Only has one choke tube; not sure what size that is. Don't know which rib (there were 3 possibilities) it has. Pete says it looks like it's about 1 1/2" high.

The gun should look like this photo - #74 when I owned it.

Their phone is 219-845-9040. Price seems a bit high to me.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Chuck:
    I cut a wooden dowel and inserted it so the bolt was open for people to see.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Ljutic's new partner is reported to be a production genius. I would think that he could build Space Guns by the carload and sell them for a lot less than those used guns are selling for in today's market.

The gun is a remarkably simple piece of machinery that would be very popular with shooters who are allergic to recoil. It could become the Model 12 of the 21st Century.

17. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Agree with Mr Winston - pain in the neck to load. This gun has a thrust hammer system and inside that tube behind the reciever is about 40 pounds of spring. Before buying, I would really try to shoot one and then imagine pulling that bolt back a few hundred times in a weekend.

18. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I went to Hammond IN today to see the Loveabulls...the Chicago Bulls cheerleaders.....I will be damned if there were only two of them walking around. Now I used to date a girl that cheered varsity for Western Ky Univ....and let me tell you what...she was wayyyy more attractive than either of those "professional" cheerleaders. It makes you wonder how they get their jobs.... Anyways, I saw the spacegun there....it looked like it was in pretty good shape. The price tag was $4500. I am assuming that cash price was probably less. I got the same story about them acquiring it in an estate buy along with around 20 other guns.

On another note, I also saw two little win model 42's. One of them was 12,000 and the other was 9,000...I have never seen one of those for that much...around 3K was the most I have seen one for...someone please explain this!

Forrest

19. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Zardozforty,
    Yes, Iam still looking for one please E-mail me a phone number.
    Thanks
    Mark

20. 9x4

9x4 TS Member

This Pete has a last name of Tryand. Anyone ever hear of him or is he a wanna be?
    I asked about the 42.s They are mismarked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.