1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34"

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jhh, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhh

jhh Member

0   0   0

Would like to buy a rib only from a Ljutic 34" gun should anyone have one that has been taken off a gun. Regards John Hancock

2. jhh

jhh Member

0   0   0

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34

up

3. jhh

jhh Member

0   0   0

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34

Thanks Rick, I'll call them, Regards JH

4. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34

Rick, not trying to correct you, but there are more than the three you mention;

Standard(low) rib = .250" fixed height

Mid rib = .500" fixed height

Centennial rib =.750" fixed height

Olympic rib =.925" fixed height

One touch Adjustable rib = 1.125"

Also Ljutic will special build within reason pretty much what you want plus give you the point of impact you desire. Biff

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34

I have a Keen ad-on rib for a 34" Mono. Designed to change the POI from 70 to 100. If interested I'll sell for $100. Cost was $180.

6. jhh

jhh Member

0   0   0

WTB Ljutic Rib Only 34

Guys, What I am wanting is just a rib, I like the pattern on the surface that Ljutic used for years. I am retired, but still have a full machine shop and once in a while I re-bbl a gun and depending on the gun either make up a solid rib and install or do the post and rib for a vent rib. The most time consuming part is the "file cutting" of the rib surface that you need on an Italian gun but on others the machined matted rib surface looks good and I have always liked the treatment on Al's guns and Parkers. If I remember correctly the old Money Makers looked a lot like the Ljutic design. If I can find an old rib, the height and POI of the gun it was on won't matter, I'll just straighten it where Al bent it, if so, and cut the post to fit the dovetail of the rib. There was a rib matting machine that Winchester had Pratt and Whitney build for them years ago (I think right after the war) that would cut various designs in rib blanks that I sure would like to have. No telling where it is now. Thanks for the interest, JHH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.