1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Light weight K80 Trap Special gun case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Otter, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otter

Otter TS Member

I recently purchased a Krieghoff K-80 Trap Special which included a large Americase gun case. I have owned severl Americase cases in the past a use them whenever I put my gun on the airlines while traveling to shoots. I do,however, find the Americase to be very heavy when lugging it around to weekend practice and league shooting.

Can anyone direct me to the maker of a plastic gun case like my Perazzi has that is both light weight and proves acceptable protection ?

Since the K80 has a very high rib on both barrels, they will not fit into my Perazzi case.

Thanks for the help !

Luxor

2. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Luxor, I wonder if Perazzi makes a plastic case for their MX2005, which has a high rib also. Maybe a call to Perazzi or Giacomo?

3. Otter

Otter TS Member

Great idea !

Thanks,

Luxor

4. Otter

Otter TS Member

5. Norris

Norris TS Member

I put two new trap special barrels on my K-80 and needed a new case since my old Americase would not work. A friend had a SKB case he was not using and let me use it until I could get a new Americase. It work so well that I bought the case and have used it for about six months now. The barrel pockets work and I modifed the receiver pocket easily to accept the PFS Stock. The case with receiver and both barrels is much lighter than the empty Americase. The URL listed above will show you a picture of the case that I am using.

Good luck....Norris

6. Otter

Otter TS Member

Thanks Norris. Was it easy to cut out a spot for the K80 forearm ?

Luxor

7. Norris

Norris TS Member

Yes! You can do any thing you have room for. I put the forearm and the PFS repair kit in the accessory area. Take care...Norris

8. Norris

Norris TS Member

Luxor,

The case with every thing in it(Receiver, Barrels, Forearm, PFS w/Repair Kit) weighs 28 pounds....Norris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.