1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB LH REM CHOKE BBL FOR 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BILLYJBOB, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILLYJBOB

BILLYJBOB TS Member

Sorry about last post I am new and didnt explain very good. I need 1100 LH 12ga rem choke 26in bbl. I have heard a 1187 will fit. please email me I dont get to forum every day. Thanks so much
    John

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

The 11-87 will not fit ... whoever told you that should be beeotch slapped.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Damn lump, Ive been using one for 10 years on my duck gun. All magnum loads to boot and its a 2 3/4 inch reciever. I know of at least 5 others here as well. Jeff

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

The people who make them says your not supposed to cause things dont line up right but what exactly do they know?

Snipped from the Remington website:

Q: Can I fit my Model 1100 shotgun with a Model 1187 pressure compensated barrel and shoot both field & magnum loads?

A: Although the Model 1100 and Model 1187 shotguns are very similar in design we do not recommend that the barrels be interchanged between models. The extractors and corresponding extractor cuts in the barrel extensions differ. The locations of the barrel seal grooves in the magazine tubes are in slightly different places. Most of all it is an unsafe practice to exchange parts between models unless it is a documented fact that the different models use the same parts.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

We is all smarter than the manufacture ... aints we?

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Gotta check the extractor. Some 1100 barrels have a narrower extractor groove. The 1187 extractor is wider and the 1187 barrel extractor groove is wider than the older 1100's.

I think the new 1100's and 1187's (extractors and extractor grooves) are the same. An 1187 barrel will work just dandy on an 1100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.