1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB left handed high impacting trapgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdtracker, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

was wondering what someone may have in a lefthanded trapgun.please send pictures of cast of stock and barrel.Thanks. Don

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Don,

There may be some confusion, here, i.e. what do you mean by left-handed?

Left-handed repeaters have their ejection ports on the left side and true left-handed break-open guns have opening levers that move to the left rather than the right to open.

There is much more involved with a well fitting gun than the correct cast, cast "on" for left-handed shooters versus cast "off" for those who are right-handed. The vast majority of guns have stocks with no cast.

The two cast dimensions that you will interest you are cast at the heel and cast at the toe. You will also need a basis for comparison to make the cast dimensions you receive, useful. Do you have a gun that fits to which you compare the gun you seek?

Out of curiosity, why do you request pictures of the stock and barrel. You would seem to be better off requesting stock dimensions and the barrel's specifications - length, rib height, ID and choke constriction.

Rollin

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

Don,

Here is a couple of pics of my left hand roll over stock made by the late Anton. It is basically a straight stock with little cast but a major rollover comb. It is mounted on a Remington 3200. For me, this gun mounts and shoots where I am looking.

Rollin pretty much sums it up regarding stock fit.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Bernie

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Please ck your e-mail, I have described two guns I have for sale, Ljutic and Perazzi. Thanks, Roy

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Don -

Left handed is pretty vague. What kind of price range are we talking about? A combo? Autoloader? What? I got something lefthanded for sale but if it's not what you're looking for there is no sense in listing the details.

Jeff

6. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I'm a lefty too! My advise: adapt to the world of righties! For a single barrel check out a BT99 with adjustable comb (neutral cast) and learn to push the lever with your thumb instead of pull. For an OU try a Browning XT (adjustable comb), according to Browning they are built as neutral cast, but everyone I have ever seen has some cast to it. I agree that you should have the gun fitted to you if you’re really serious about trap shooting. But, probably most people like me (a Saturday shooter) learn to adapt themselves to the gun rather than adapt the gun to them.

Hawk,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.