1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB LATE MODEL SILVER SEITZ

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Cyrus, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

WTB a Late Model adjustable Rib Silver Seitz Model # 600 or above. Factory Chokes OK. Fixed Chokes MUST be .740 OR LESS BORE. Nice wood. Good Condotion please. Someone must have one it the safe that needs a goog home. PIC's very helpfull. Thanks in advance. Jeff (516) 766- 0784.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Mike, Saw the gun , nice WOOD! However, if I am going to spend the $ a Seitz goes for, Would perfer a newer, HOPEFULLY with less ROUNDs, I am sure you know the situation with a early model Trap firearm. Regards Jeff

3. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Go out to their web site -- they typically have a couple of guns for sale, and buying from them, you have confidence they are in good shape.

Pete

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pete, I am all ears, will try your suggestion. Many Thanks. Jeff

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

6. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Jeff:

One other thing to keep in the back of your mind.

If you buy one from SS, and it has an adjustable rib, but not exactly what you were hoping for in terms of height or POI range, talk to Rich about it. Good chance he'll swap it out at a reasonable fee, and you'll have exactly what you want.

Pete

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Pete. Thanks for the Heads-Up. Will take your advise and Check.. Jeff

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

9. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

Cyrus, I wouldn't shy away from a Seitz, just because it has an earlier #. There are quite a few "safe queens" with a low number, that have very low mileage. Your statement" I'm sure you know the situation with an early model trap gun" really is off target. If a gun has been cared for, age doesn't apply. There are lots of newer guns being shot that I wouldn't take for free.
    The simplicity & quality of the SS guns, make age & mileage a moot point.
    Butch from Pgh

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MUZZLE BLAST, I agree , Just using the the TRAP SOP.

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the info., Just using the Trap Gun SPO. Jeff

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

13. plaw

plaw Active Member

0   0   0

huff 308 has one on this site for sale @ a steal. look it up

14. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The gun that huff has for sale appears to be a really good deal. The guns are very robust, I would not worry about 200 to 300 in the serial # range.

15. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Jeff:

I have to jump in here. I bought a Silver Seitz a few years ago from a fellow on TS.com and I am the 5th owner. It's serial # 007, one of the first batch that AIM made after Tom Seitz's tragic death. The gun is cosmetically 98% and mechanically darn close to how it was when it was made. It's been taken care of by each owner and periodically serviced at AIM.

I can certainly understand why you'd want a newer gun, but at least in my experience, an early model Silver Seitz is a terrific gun. I don't think you should eliminate any Silver Seitz from consideration.

Rich Phillips at AIM maintains a pretty accurate record of who owns what Silver Seitz. If you find one, call him and he might be able to give you some background on the gun. Also, I had the prior owner of 007 send the gun directly to AIM and Rich went over it before I actually took possession. The seller and I agreed that if Rich found anything, we'd perhaps re-negotiate our transaction.

Good luck.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.