1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb latches for john hall case

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Cwcroft58, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Cwcroft58

Cwcroft58 Member

0   0   0

Hi all, some time ago I came across a thread about parts for John Hall cases. I have one with both latches broken and need the latches and all the hardware(nuts and bolts).
    If any one has any ,or knows where to get some please PM me.. thanks a bunch..

2. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

go to a Harley Davidson DEALER ITS THE SAME LATCH THAT IS YOUSED ON THE OLDER H-D TRAVEL TRUNKS AND THY ARE OR WERE MFG IN PAWTUCKET RI. AT ONE TIME

3. shaggist

shaggist Member

0   0   0

If you will Google 'hardwareelf.com', you can find the 'combination lock/briefcase latch', or just the 'briefcase latch', which is the middle mechanism under the handle. They also have the latches for the ends. The hinges on the back are 'piano hinges' and you can find them under that name anywhere. The nuts, bolts, and rivets are available at your local hardware store. You have to figure out what sizes are appropriate which isn't hard or time consuming.

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

John Hall parts are hard to find and this forum has run the gammit on trying to find parts for a John Hall Case. Lock were made by Franzen and were made in China. Go to google and google Franzen 1401 lock and you will find what you need. Also go to ebay and search Franzen latches and they will have them. As stated above Harley used that latch. The latch part is 1401 and small part it locks into is 1405. Hope this helps

5. shaggist

shaggist Member

0   0   0

Several John Hall cases that I have had had a Presto Combination Briefcase Latch on them. They are still available from 'hardwareelf.com' as I mentioned above.

Search tags for this page

john hall case replacement latch