Trapshooters Forum banner

wtb latches for john hall case

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shaggist 
#1 ·
Hi all, some time ago I came across a thread about parts for John Hall cases. I have one with both latches broken and need the latches and all the hardware(nuts and bolts).
If any one has any ,or knows where to get some please PM me.. thanks a bunch..

#3 ·
If you will Google 'hardwareelf.com', you can find the 'combination lock/briefcase latch', or just the 'briefcase latch', which is the middle mechanism under the handle. They also have the latches for the ends. The hinges on the back are 'piano hinges' and you can find them under that name anywhere. The nuts, bolts, and rivets are available at your local hardware store. You have to figure out what sizes are appropriate which isn't hard or time consuming.

#4 ·
John Hall parts are hard to find and this forum has run the gammit on trying to find parts for a John Hall Case. Lock were made by Franzen and were made in China. Go to google and google Franzen 1401 lock and you will find what you need. Also go to ebay and search Franzen latches and they will have them. As stated above Harley used that latch. The latch part is 1401 and small part it locks into is 1405. Hope this helps

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.