1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: KS-5/KX-5 Forearm

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by 25deadbirds, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

I am in need of a forearm for my KS-5. I'm not sure if a KX-5 would fit but if it will then.....

If you have a stock/forearm combo that isn't too expensive, let me know what you have and how much.

Scratches and dings are OK so long as it's not split or missing chunks of wood. I

Thanks,

Dave

2. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

0   0   0

Dave,

I have a KS5 and the forend cracked. I first had a stock maker glue it with dowels and that didn't last long at all. I tried everywhere and couldn't find one anywhere. I xended up going directly to Krieghoff for one. It cost me about $100 then had a local stock maker match the color and fit it.

So jst give Krieghoff a call and get it from them.

Good luck.

John Semprini
    Chicago

3. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

John,

This is my first Krieghoff, trap gun for that matter, and didn't even think to contact them. Great idea. The forearm that came on my used KS-5 doesn't match in grain or color. It looks to be rather crudely made and my guess is the original had been cracked or lost but that's a story that we'll never know. I've seen many pictures of KS-5's for sale and looks like my stock is rather typical in grain and color so I'm hoping to find an easy match.

Thanks again,

Dave

4. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

0   0   0

Dave,

FYI. The KX & KS for ends are not the same. They are totally different. I wn both and I can't fault the guns. Krieghoff is great to deal with in Pennsylvania. Enjoy the gun. You'll have many good years with it.

John

5. Herman63

Herman63 Member

0   0   0

Just a heads up I do know there is a difference in some KS5 forearms. On mine the metal piece that meets up with the reciever the pocket is different which you may not beable to tell unless you remove the hardware.

Herman63

6. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

I'm assuming your speaking of the two different lengths of connecting rods?
    Anyway's, thanks for the heads up on the incompatible KX/KS forearms. I'm calling them in the morning to see what they can do for me.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The difference is in the locking mechanism. KS-5s have a lever under the forend while KX-5s have a release button in the nose of the forend.

Ed

8. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

The gentleman I bought the gun from now has a KX-5. I'm surprised I forgot about the release button on his forearm. It's similar in appearance to my Blaser F3 forearm.
    I spoke to Krieghoff and they have no forearms for the KS-5. They said they might place an order with Wenig in a few weeks but they still haven't made up their mind if the demand is there.

The hunt is still on for a forearm. I striped the one I have and it's soaked through and through with oil from the latch to the pivot. It won't take a finish but I don't care since it's so darn ugly and mismatched anyway.

9. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

0   0   0

I just ordered a replacement from Wenig Custom Gunstocks. Unfinished - $95 but machine inletted. I've done a few rifles so this should be a walk in the park sans checkering. Not sure if I'm going to tackle that one or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.