1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Kolar Sub-Gauge Chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esetter, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Looking for a set of 20, 28, 410, skeet chokes for Kolar tubes. If you have a set you would like to sell contact me at esetter5@roadrunner.com , Gerry Addison.

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Unlike Briley chokes that are pretty much interchangeable by virtue of fitting inside the tube, Kolar chokes are not interchangeable. Since Kolar choke tubes actually center themselves by contact with the 12 ga barrel, they must be of the correct outside diameter. If you look at your sub-gauge tubes, there will be two numbers in the chamber area. One is the inside diameter (bore) for that gauge and one the outside diameter of the choke tube (12 ga bore).

For example, each of my carrier barrel tubes are marked 772 for the host barrel diameter and 424 for the 410, 555 for the 28 ga and 620 for the 20 ga. If all Kolars inside tube diameter are a constant .424, .555 and .620, the only issue would be finding the exact 12 ga bore diameter to match your barrels. Obviously, tubes made to fit a .723 barrel would not work in a .735 bore, etc, etc.

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

I believe that mine are fitted right below the choke tubes and the tubes are free floating. The only number marked on my tubes is .735.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Have you called Kolar? They are likely the only place you will find chokes that will for sure fit your barrel. I've never owned any Kolar or Briley tube set where the chokes were "free floating" and current models certainly aren't. You obviously have a unique set of circumstances.

You won't find a better bunch of people to deal with.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

since gerry said he's interested in skeet chokes, i'd be interested in any other constriction besides skeet for kolar subgauge tubes (i can make aluminum bushings for them so they fit my carrier barrels).

kolarskeet@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.