1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB K80 34" Over-single barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by TDB III, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDB III

TDB III TS Member

0   0   0

Looking for K80 34" over-single barrel with or without choke tubes in 95% + condition or better.

Thanks for any help.

TDBIII

2. kolartarget

kolartarget Member

0   0   0

WTB K80 34

I have a trap special over single I would trade for a unsingle

3. TDB III

TDB III TS Member

0   0   0

WTB K80 34

Hi kolartarget:

Sorry, I don't have a barrel to trade, just looking for the top-single 34".

Thanks,

TDBIII

4. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WTB K80 34

TDB III, I have a Stan Baker (engraved that way, with Seattle, Wash. below it) 34" top-single. I think it was made with a K-80 monoblock, I don't have the numbers stamped on the mono-block with me, but it is ported and has (1) extraStan Baker choke with it. Total of (2) chokes counting the one in the barrel. I can get correct constrictions with my bore gage this evening. 97% condition at least. I bought it and like my un-single barrel better, and I am looking for a 30" K-80 O/U barrel to put on a spare receiver. I can send you a picture of it with the shoke and rig set-up if you are interested. $1500 shipped to you. Mike* (MH*)

5. TDB III

TDB III TS Member

0   0   0

WTB K80 34

Hi Mike:

Yes, please send me pics of your barrel. Sounds like it might be the one I'm needing. I'll ck with my gunsmith, Kerry Allor, about the info you've supplied so far.

Thanks,

TDBIII

6. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WTB K80 34

TDBIII, this is just one picture I had already taken a month or so ago (with a K-80 .410 barrel I also had talked about selling). I will go and take some more detailed pictures of the chamber and muzzle end and of the rib style and get some measurements for you as well. I used to shoot a Winchester Diamond Grade top-single, and when I moved to a K-gun thought I would still shoot a top-single, but after shooting my unsingle, I just can't shoot the top-single anymore. I'll get back to you after I get some more pictures and dimensions. Mike* (MH*)

7. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WTB K80 34

TDB III, I just went and took a few more detailed pictures of the barrel and got the measurements you might need. I will put some of the pictures on this thread. I measured the barrel to be a .748" bore and the 2 chokes are a .720" (.028" constriction) and .705" (.043" constriction). The barrel has a 3/4" dia. weight, 3 1/2" long on the bottom barrel, sticking out in front of the forearm. The rib is approximately 3/8" tall at the back (chamber area) and tapers down to approximately 1/8" at the muzzle end. It is 3/8" wide at the back and 5/16" wide at the front. There is a 2" long "ramp" (not a hump or step) from the top latch area to the 3/8" tall start of the rib. The rib looks to have a area under the bottom side of the rib that would allow it to "grow" when it gets hot. I "tried" to take a picture of the reliefs, but hard to photograph, at least for me that is! The porting is "possibly" Angle Port (not sure, don't know that much about the different companies), but there are 3 holes, then a small gap and then 8 holes. Angling forward the are 3/32" wide x 3/16" long, same width and radiussed at each end. Hope this helps. Mike* (MH*)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TDB III

TDB III TS Member

0   0   0

WTB K80 34

Hi Mike: Wanted to get back to you about the barrel. Kerry says I'm going in the wrong direction. The problem area is the stock configuration. I thought that the barrel/rib configuration was the problem with the gun and where it shoots as to where we think it's shooting. Turns out the super upgrade stock that I put on it is a sporting configuration and "not" a trap configuration. We changed stocks over the weekend, took the gun out and the difference in where it shoots as compared to the other stock is amazing. Thanks for the offer.

TDBIII

9. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

WTB K80 34

TDB III, glad you got the stock situation worked out. I was helping a new shooter get set-up with a new gun and couldn't get him to go with a parallel comb "trap" stock. He said he didn't like looking up a ramped rib, so he went with a sporting clays (or skeet) angled comb. NOW after shooting targets for a while, he said he wished he would have gone for the parallel comb, and sees the advantages to it. I "Tried" to tell him he would end up there, but "You can lead a horse to water; But you can't make him drink !" He will drink when he is thirsty enough. HaHa. He now owns a new trap buttstock for his Krieghoff and also bought a Blaser Super-Trap combo. He definitely jumped in, feet first. Mike* (MH*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 top single barrel