1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*WTB K-80 Top Single Barrel*

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shotgunner, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Looking for a K-80 top single special trap barrel 34". Would consider an unsingle special trap barrel also. thanks Joe

2. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Have you ever tried the TS Top-single? I had both the TS Unsingle and the TS Top-single. Top-single kicked more and beware some of the Top-single barrels, that were made, had low POI. I had one of those and couldn't get it over 60/40 with the rib all the way down. If you find one ask the POI range if they know. Adding a Pro-rib would help but thats $700.00 to upgrade.
    Dave T.

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

More recoil ? that has not been my experience with mine. I shoot a POI that's approx. 75% high at 40 yards and mine is adjusted in the center marks on the rib and would shoot much higher if set to the bottom. My stock is adjusted for a figure 8 sight figure. I have three other friends that have the same gun and I have never heard of the gossip that Tdrykow is spreading. Do you know Jerry Parr, Tim Robb, Phil Kiner or Sean Hawley ??

Tom Strunk

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Tom, Lucky you. Have you tried an Un-single for comparison? I've tried both and theres a marked difference in recoil, at least for me. And as far as those big names. I would think they have pick of the litter when it comes to barrels and options for their K guns. I'd bet your bottom dollar that if a gun came from the factory that Phil didn't like they'd bend over backward to get it right. We don't have that luxury. Dave T.

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Dave I have a hard time with the statement that the un-single recoils less than a top single. I believe this is B/S that has been spread over the years and people are believing it because "so and so" said so.

My opinion is mine because I have had a LOT of combo shotguns in my 30 years of trapshooting (Zoli's, Perazzi's, Brownings, Beretta's, Classic Doubles, Ruger's, Kreighoff's) and I have NEVER had a over/under where the bottom barrel recoiled less than the top barrel. I can't tell the difference, and I'm very recoil sensitive.

All of my high grade guns have been purchased unseen by me and shipped to Tom Wilkinson before I ever laid eyes on them. Never once has he told me of a problem with a gun shooting to low. The last gun was a Kreighoff top single combo trap special which I will keep as long as I shoot trap, great gun.

Come on out to the Spring Grand this next Febuary and I will let you shoot my gun and we can compare it to yours. I'll be there all week.

Tom Strunk

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree with Tom. I've had unsingles and top singles and there wasn't enough difference in recoil to notice. I'm also recoil-sensitive. Now, I will say that some guns kick more than others but generally, soft shooting guns shoot softly regardless of the barrel configuration.

Krieghoff will bend over backwards to help you, too. A friend of mine bought a Trap Special top single combo and Krieghoff bent the stock to fit him better and later spent some time in their indoor range getting all the barrels to shoot to the same POI. One of the reasons a lot of those top shooters are switching to Krieghoffs is their service. Ask Phil Kiner about that - it was his recommendation that prompted my friend to buy his T/S when he, like Phil, already owned several Perazzis.

Ed

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bump for a K-80 owner. Dave T.

9. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

0   0   0

I have one that has been tunned by Kerry Allor
    Has a 16 yard choke
    Has a Handicapped Choke

Has been ported and has a rib blinder...

Has the Pro Rib

yours for $4,500.00 98% plus condition

Retails for $5,975.00 plus $1000.00 for Kerry Allor work this is a very good deal

Thanks
    Kurt
    1-800-shotgun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.