1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB K-80 recoil reducer

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jaeger18, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaeger18

jaeger18 Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

I am looking for a recoil reducer that goes into the top area of a K-80 unsingle.

2. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

0   0   0

I have one for sale. I had it taken out of my unsingle barrel because if added too much weight for me. If you want to see pics just let me know and I can send you pics of it.

Thanks
    TRW369
    215 570 6666

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Any recoil reducer designed to go into a barrel chamber will fit

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

0   0   0

Dumb question- how do you modify the the top chamber of a unsingle barrel(mine is plugged from the factory) to accomodate a chamber recoil reducer?

Is this something a guy could do himself or is a gunsmith needed?I would like to use a chamber recoil reducer if I could! Thanks

5. jaeger18

jaeger18 Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

Got one, Thanks TRW

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

There is no modification necessary other than getting what is in the barrel of a Krieghoff out- held in by a pin usually

The chamber mercury recoil reduces then slip right in

Gene

7. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

0   0   0

Gene, Thanks- I'll go downstairs and look for a way to remove the plug!This is a great solution for me!

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

It's been a while, but don't you remove the K80 top barrel extractor to access a small screw that holds the plug in the top barrel?

I seem to recall there's a post in front of the plug to prevent chambering a shell. I assume it can be Dremeled out.

9. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

0   0   0

I just looked closely on the 2 unsingle barrels and the top single I have.I looked w/ a magniflier and can not see a pin holding the plug. I will check under the top extractor. Thanks

10. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It was under the extractor on mine. Tiny little bugger but I got it out

Jim R

11. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

0   0   0

Thanks,found it under the extractor-very small hex head screw.I did not try and remove the blocking pin- looks like I would need to drill out the head of the pin where it is pressed in and hope the entire will come out.

I put in about 6-8oz of lead to see how it feels before I put in a $65 Chamber Mercury reducer and drill out the blocking pin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.