1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Ithaca NID's in excellent condition

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by corkcan, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

WTB Ithaca NID

Wanted to buy Ithaca NID's in excellent conditon, also looking for barrels only for a 12 ga. in the 450,000 serial no. range.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00421.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00418.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    Corkcan, Thought you might enjoy these pictures. This gun is not for sale.

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

a beautiful Grade 5!!!

4. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

Bill, That is a GREAT looking Ithaca--did you sell your 12 ga. field grade you had posted earlier? Thanks, corkcan

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Corkcan, No it is still available. I posted contact info there for you. Give me a call or I can call you if you like. Bill

6. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

0   0   0

How do you identify an Ithaca NID from its predecessors? I picked up an Ithaca SXS recently in well-used but not abused condition. It still locks up tightly although the lever rests to the left of the centerline. The serial number starts #380... and I believe it is a pre-NID model. The serial number is stamped on the top of right receiver rail, on the left rail is stamped "S" and the numerals "16" as it is a 16 gauge gun. I had a 'smith check the chambers and they are 2 3/4" but I feel that it probably was a 2 9/16th" originally. The barrels are fluid steel, not Damascus. The only really bad part, and it is mega-bad, is the tock finish. It looks as if simeone glopped on furniture varnish and then left the gun near a heat source. The stock finish is sagging and has alligatored badly so I am planning to refinish it. I loaded down some 16 gauge rounds to about 1000-1050 FPS and ran them through the gun and it handles beautifully.

I was wondering what the model is because there is no model ID on the gun at all, just "Ithaca Gun Company, Ithaca, N.Y." on both sides of the receiver and the engraving of a setter standing in some weeds on both sides.

Appreciate any help you give. Thanks.

7. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

Ithaca nid's were produced starting in 1925, that is when the rotary bolt and stronger frame were adopted. You can also tell by the serial no. anything 425,000 and above. Your gun would be a field grade flues model. Ithaca made several different models including field, grades 1 2 3 4e 5e 7e and $1000.00 grade or $2000.00 grade after the war.

8. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

I am also trying to find a beavertail forend for an Ithaca nid in 12 ga.

9. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

10. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

0   0   0

Corkcan, I have one in the shop. Circa 1926, SN 30***. Good condition. Still some case color on side. 12ga 28" M/F $950

Deep River sporting Clays, Sanford NC (919) 774-7080

Scott

12. corkcan

corkcan TS Member

0   0   0

Cy-Kick, Ithaca nid's were made in 1926, but that serial number is not correct for a gun of that time. The serial number should be in the 425,000 range and higher. Thanks for your interest. corkcan

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

0   0   0

Your are right. Poor eyesight, missed the 4 that preceded. SN# 430...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.