1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Ithaca Mod 51 trap

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I would be interested in a very nice 51 trap

2. husker

husker Member

0   0   0

Cigar,

I hope you find the model 51 you are looking for. I have one (not a trap model) that has a broken link. Thats the piece that the action pushes against the mainspring in the stock. I have tried numrich and poppelton and find no replacement part. If you or anyone on this site knows where I can find a replacement link, please indicate where.

Thanks, Roger Hudson

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Roger,

Got a picture of the link? I am pretty sure I have a new one.

4. djcuda

djcuda Member

0   0   0

This is where I got a new link for a model 51.
    Sharps guns ltd.
    R.R.4,Dunnville
    Ontario,Canada
    N1A2W3
    Ron Sharp
    905-774-6368
    You should also replace the action spring.He has these in packs of 5.Hope this helps.
    Dave

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

0   0   0

I have one that I have not used in years. I might sell it. It is in great shape as I never shot it much. The only problem with the gun is the rib was originally installed with a slight bend to the left towards the muzzle. I never noticed it until another shooter pointed it out. It is stock except for a T&S shell catcher. Where are you? I hate to ship guns for sale.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I think the piece that always breaks on these is one of the action bars--

Gene

7. husker

husker Member

0   0   0

XP100: The only picture I can find is on Numrich's used parts (schematic) page and it is so small I can't seem to isolate and send it. It is a two-prong curved part that has a rounded ball-shaped rear end and a flat connecting part at the front that attaches to the action with a small pin. Is that what you have ?

Cuda: If XP100 doesn't have the right part, I will contact Sharps guns (Ron Sharp) with appreciation for your tip.

Best to you both,

Roger

8. husker

husker Member

0   0   0

XP100: The only picture I can find is on Numrich's used parts (schematic) page and it is so small I can't seem to isolate and send it. It is a two-prong curved part that has a rounded ball-shaped rear end and a flat connecting part at the front that attaches to the action with a small pin. Is that what you have ?

Cuda: If XP100 doesn't have the right part, I will contact Sharps guns (Ron Sharp) with appreciation for your tip.

Best to you both,

Roger

9. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

0   0   0

I have one for sale, with two triggers, one release, one pull.

$450 firm, plus shipping.

I am in FL, the gun is in NY with a friend.

Remove the proverbial XXXXs.

Ric Cammer

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca model 51 trap gun shell catcher